She wants to "get her eyes dirty". MEET Kim aka @1KimCullen, Our New Crew Member

Buffer


Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.
My name is Kim, I am 37 years old and live in San Diego, California. I am happily married with one fabulous son who is almost 8. I am a licensed clinical social worker (LCSW) yet have not worked for a 3 years now due to a neck injury. As time goes on and I become more accepting of my new, sedentary life of chronic pain, I have finally been able to identify 1 positive aspect of my situation.... I have much more time to read! 

Who are some of your favorite authors? Books?
I have always loved to read. If you asked me a year ago what I liked to read I would have said romance, chick-lit, psychological thrillers, memoirs, and more. I don't know exactly what happened but for almost a year now, all I want to read is SMUT! 50 Shades of Grey was probably the catalyst because ever since I read those books, I have been eager to explore what else is out there. So far I know I do enjoy reading explicit, erotic stories with BDSM, ménages and am not afraid of taboo topics (I am actually hoping your authors can, "get my eyes dirty")! I still do love a good romance (even if it is not explicit) as long as I can fall in love with the characters and their love story. 

Books written by Danielle Steel and Fern Michaels did intrigue me when I was 12 years old but I no longer care for these types of books at all. I recently read and absolutely loved, "Rule of Three" by Kelly Jamieson and have enjoyed all of the books I've read so far that were written by Megan Hart and Lacey Alexander. If I could only have one book on a deserted island I would take Twilight. If only Stephenie Meyer would write an X rated version - that would be perfection! 

What are your favorite genres of books to read?
Although I currently prefer to read erotica and erotic romances, I do still like some true stories and memoirs. I have no interest in reading about anything historical or nonfiction but do enjoy reading about people who have endured trauma, abuse, drug addiction, alcoholism, prostitution, etc. The more taboo and strange the better! "Tweak" by Nic Sheff (self written about a young man's addiction to heroin) and "The Interventionist" by Joani Gammill (self written about a mother and substance abuse Nurse who herself was addicted) were my favorite memoirs. 

Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have?
When I am not reading I also enjoy participating in groups on Goodreads where I enjoy talking to people who like the same kinds of books I do, hearing people's recommendations and getting to read and review books for authors. The best part of being in these groups is getting links to free and low priced e-books. I am addicted to the Amazon one click button and keep waiting to get an error message saying that my Kindle is full –-- that will be a sad day! I also enjoy couponing. After watching the show Extreme Couponing I actually joined a Facebook group of couponers. Though I am limited in how much I can physically do because of my neck, I occasionally do get out to get some freebies! Most of all, I love spending time with my son, husband and our 2 dogs. 

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?
I am very happy to be part of the Masquerade Crew and look forward to reading some of your books soon!


X-Rated Twilight? I'm down! Welcome to the Crew, Kim!