Finally a Valkyrie joins the Crew. Say hello to Barbara aka @bak229, Our New Member!

Buffer 

Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.
As a Valkyrie, most of my days are spent deciding who lives and dies, but that’s just the stuff that pays the bills. Most days, I’m just a normal hero-lover who spends her days filing her nails, combing her hair and fixing ships. Oh? You didn’t know about that part? Yes, I fix ships. These modern maritime warriors keep breaking them and I try to make sure the repairs are done correctly. I live in San Diego, with my super-hero husband and Charlie – the terrorist. Don’t worry, he’s small, furry and canine and we don’t allow him on planes.

The first book in my PHASMS trilogy will be published by Entranced Publishing in the spring of 2014 and I’m busy messing up peoples heads with other stories fighting to escape my over-crowded brain. And I read. A. Lot.

Who are some of your favorite authors? Books?
So many books! I love Sarah Fine and the Guards of the Shadowlands series, Rae Carson’s Fire and Thorns trilogy and CJ Redwine’s Defiance. On the flip side, Barry Lyga had me hooked with Boy Toy and I Hunt Killers. I’ve read amazing books by Mila Fererra, K.A. Tucker, Jennifer L. Armentrout, Susan Ee, Myndi Shafer, Cora Carmack, Hugh Howey and Gillian Flynn, Kate Avery Ellison and Paul Western-Pittard.

Did I mention I read a lot? Yeah, average 2 or 3 books a week. Checking my kindle orders in the last month (only kindle, not counting paperbacks and hardcover), I’ve read 24 books since July 1st. Guess I’m a smidge OCD about it.

What are your favorite genres of books to read?
Preference is speculative fiction, as you can see above. I’ve been reading a lot of NA lately, I think because there’s a touch (or more) of romance and a lot of the spec fiction is in that group – I’ll read almost anything as long as it’s a good story, well written and the author makes me care about the characters and what’s happening to them.

Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have?
I used to run (marathon/half-marathon) but a bum knee has me sidelined, so now I walk – yeah, I’m OCD about that too. I average 4 miles a day. I rarely watch television but I LOVE movies and I enjoy spending time with family and friends, just chillaxin’ on the patio. Come on – it’s San Diego – you don’t have to “do” anything to enjoy yourself.

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?
THRILLED! I think my love of the written word in ANY genre makes me excited to not only read, but comment on what I’m reading. I get a bit perturbed when reviewers speak from a narrow perspective and hope I can do my small part to spread the word about amazing books and authors that may not otherwise be heard. And, let’s face it, the masks are freakin’ cool! Can I wear mine to work???

Yes! A Valkyrie! Told Mark we needed one on the Crew. Welcome, Barbara!