Show N' Read Saturday #10– THE VAMPIRE DIARIES

Buffer 


A weekly meme hosted by Diantha Jones where we share and rate TV shows and movies we've seen, and the books that we have read or have now been inspired to read.



This week I watched:

  The Vampire Diaries (2009– ) on The CW


Mystic falls becomes the target town for vampires with the return of Stefan & Damon Salvatore. Stefan, the controlled brother who's focused on his humanity, enrolls at high school attempting a normal life whereas his brother Damon, the dashing, gorgeous, irresistible and dangerous brother makes Stefan's life a misery while trying to steal his girlfriend, Elena, along the way. With the confusing emotions, deceiving acts and hidden talents, comes a deep history from 1864 that Damon is determined to overcome by rescuing the Salvatore brothers' old love, Katherine, with the help of Elena's witch friend. (IMDB)

I put off getting into this show for as long as I could. I had True Blood, I had Twilight, and if the two ever had a baby The Vampire Diaries would be it. Didn't stop me from sitting down and watching several episodes all at once. It's a pretty good show, though I think "Elena" is way too skinny and the Salvatore brothers are way too hot. I mean, they are SMOKING. Makes watching the show a pure delight I can tell you that. Like Bill and Eric on True Blood, and Edward and Jacob in Twilight. Two for the price of one. Not mad at that at all.


My rating: 3.5/5 STARS

Book I want to read:

The Awakening (Vampire Diaries #1) by L.J. Smith

A Love Triangle of Unspeakable Horror...

Elena
Searching for the ultimate thrill, she vowed to have Stefan.

Stefan
Haunted by his tragic past, he struggled to resist her passion.

Damon
Driven by revenge, he hunted the brother who betrayed him.

The terrifying story of two vampire brothers and the beautiful girl torn between them.


So, of course the next course of action would be to read the books this show is based around. I have to admit, I'm not very excited about it. I haven't read the Sookie Stackhouse novels, but I haven't missed a single episode of True Blood. I have no plans on reading the books, actually. I think I'll give this first book a try and if it's good, then I'll keep going. If it's not, well, you know the deal.

Want to join Show N' Read Saturday or check out other SN'R posts? Click here.