She's a dragon, vamp, and zombie lover. MEET @SaffronBryant, Our New Crew Member

Buffer 


Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.
Hey there everyone, my name is Saffron. I’m an author, artist, biomedical scientist and I work in a library (did someone say nerd?).

My pride and joy is my first novel- The Fallen Star which came out last year (the sequel, The Herald of Darkness, is soon to be released). I’m into dragons, vampires, zombies and pretty much everything fantasy/sci-fi/otherworldly.

My aim in life (aside from becoming a best-selling author and curing cancer) is to make a difference to this little hunk of rock we’re spinning around on. Two years ago I underwent surgery to remove a massive brain tumor- paid for entirely by donations ($75,000 Australian Dollars). So now I also help fundraise to help others that are in dire straits with medical problems, I hope that I can somehow repay the world for the huge generosity which was shown to me.

Who are some of your favorite authors? Books?
My answer to this question is always the same- The Lord of the Rings by Tolkien himself. At the moment my obsession is The Dark Tower series by Stephen King…

What are your favorite genres of books to read?
As you may have guessed my favorite genre of book to read is fantasy/sci-fi but I read voraciously in many other genres as well. Apocalyptic novels are always good, historical fiction, modern fiction, ah who am I kidding- I like reading everything. (I didn’t start working in a library for the DVD section!)

Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have?
Aside from reading and writing I also enjoy painting- you can see a few of my works here: http://fineartamerica.com/profiles/saffron-bryant.html. I also enjoy science and will be starting my PhD later this year.

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?
Dare I say it, almost as excited as I was to hear there’s going to be a Veronica Mars movie?

Hear that, Mark Lee? We're up there with Veronica Mars. Welcome to the Crew, Saffron!