Grab your complimentary copy of Deception by @growwithstacy "The Ending Ruled!"


Free March 18th - 22nd

Deception

The Transformed


by Stacy Claflin





Cover links to Amazon


Alexis is exceptionally brilliant and when mysterious things start happening, she begins to pursue the truth. Alexis learns that she’s been lied to her entire life. running into deception at every turn.

What she discovers terrifies her, causing her to question whether or not she really wants to know the truth…until she meets a handsome stranger. She feels that she’s known him her entire life and he appears to know more about her than she knows about herself.

What Alexis discovers turns her world completely upside down. Everything that she believed to be false is suddenly her new reality. She finds herself up against the very ones who attempted her kill her when she was a child. She must discover and master her true capabilities in order to defeat them and protect the ones she loves.



Praise for Deception


Calfin's story captures the spirit of the Twilight series, but builds on it and takes it in a different, intriguing direction. Very cool. The Alexis character draws you in, and she's someone we all knew in high school (and possibly hated), or we were like her ourselves! Alexis is perfectionist, super smart, very responsible, beautiful but doesn't know it.

Be careful, you will get hooked on Deception. You will want to learn more.



The story remained unique and original even when the genre wasn't. The difference in plot separated this book from others like it and it was refreshing to read.



When Alexis starts taking matters into her own hands to discover the truth about herself, she uncovers something so unexpected. The events that take place afterwards [are] so intense, and leads to a battle with an ending that has a unexpected twist.


Excerpt


I closed my eyes and enjoyed the warm sun beating down on me and the sounds of the lake lapping up on the shore. It was so calming.

I wasn’t sure how much time had passed when I heard a strange whirring noise. I tried to ignore it, hoping that it would go away.

It only got louder and gave me a creepy feeling, so I opened my eyes.

I was so startled by the sight of over a hundred crows flying in a massive circle directly above where I was sitting that I jumped off the bench.

They were all going around and around in a circle. As soon as one made eye contact with me, it began to caw. The rest followed suit and dozens of crows were orbiting around and around right over me, and all of them were shrieking at me.

I grabbed my purse and inched away from the bench without breathing. I couldn’t take my eyes off of them, and I noticed that as I inched along, the whole circle inched right along with me in the air above me. I stopped for a moment and finally took a breath.

As soon as I began to breathe again, every single creepy bird in the circling, cawing flock turned its eyes toward me. Each one was looking down at me while whirling above my head.

To make sure that I wasn’t losing my mind, I slowly walked about two feet. Each one kept its eyes fixed on me. They circled, cawing, and they stayed directly above me. Exactly as I moved, the circle moved.

I made a split second decision and ran to my car as fast as I could without looking up or back. Once I was safely locked in my car, I looked outside to see if they had followed me. I didn’t see them, so I inched myself forward so that I could see above the car without getting out.

There they were, flying right above my car in their massive whirl.