Comedy, horror, fable story with a zany short plot. Campaign of the Gods by @Mike_Evers


Campaign of the Gods

by Mike Evers





Cover links to Amazon

Synopsis


When Norse god Týr suspects his friend Thor is cheating in the phenomenal board game ‘Campaign of the Gods’ he takes matters into his own hands and searches out the only being in Asgard who can help solve his problem. But things are not what they seem… And once the forces of Hel are unleashed, only legendary Viking berserker Ivar Ragnarsson and his men can possibly save the day. They just have to work out when in history they are first - and why are the local townspeople so strange?

Praise for Campaign of the Gods



This is an excellent story that brings Vikings and creatures from the ancient world into the modern world of today. Talk about culture shock.



This short story is absolutely full of action, making it an exciting and interesting page turner. It's also manages to be funny, with some down to earth characters and bizarre happenings. As well as all this, it's also educational and with no prior knowledge of viking history, I feel like I learnt a lot too. Such a lot packed in!



This is a suspenseful intense comedy, horror and fable story mixed together with a zany short plot.


Author Bio


I was born in Singapore way back in 1970 and spent my formative years in Wales after my family moved there from Australia in 1976. I’ve since resided in numerous places, including: Sussex, Kent and Poland. After school I did a BA in History at the University of Wales, Swansea; and later, a Masters’ degree in International Conflict Analysis at the University of Kent at Canterbury. This has given me an educational background which I have for the most part managed to avoid capitalizing upon - so far.

I currently live in West Yorkshire with my wife Joanne and son Joseph. I spend a few days a week teaching English in a local college. This is a career I have been doing for 12 years or so and it was in doing a certificate in education in Huddersfield that brought me to the area in 2004.

My interests are fairly varied and include reading pretty much anything. I particularly enjoy reading historical accounts and fiction with a magical angle. My early influences include JRR Tolkien, CS Lewis, Roald Dahl, Raymond Feist and David Eddings. My later influences are far too eclectic to mention, but include George Orwell, James Herriot and Michel Foucault. I also enjoy gaming (especially First Person Shooters and RPGs) on PC and PS3.

As an author I usually write Fantasy or Urban Fantasy, quite often with a twist. My first novel - The Chaosifier - mixes fantasy, adventure, humour and philosophy in a modern day setting. For various reasons it is unavailable at the moment, but I plan to re-publish a 2nd edition in the not too distant future. My most recent work, the novella ‘The Spirit Archer’ brings a different angle to one of the most famous characters in English legend. I have aimed these books at teens and young adults in particular – though older readers have told me they’ve enjoyed them greatly too. I enjoy working with GMTA and really love the passion and enthusiasm they bring to the publishing process.
CONNECT WITH MIKE: