Reminiscent of Stephen King and Dean Koontz. Geddy's Moon by @john_mulhall


Geddy's Moon


by John Mulhall





Cover links to Amazon


Tyler is an amnesiac, drifting aimlessly across the country, struggling to regain his lost memories. When he arrives in Geddy’s Moon, a sleepy town in the middle of the Kansas wheat fields, fragments of his past begin to resurface. But as he establishes new relationships in town, and spends time with the local librarian and her son, he finds himself tormented by nightmares that grow more unsettling each night. What horrific events took place before Tyler arrived in Geddy’s Moon? And could he have brought a terrifying – and possibly supernatural – danger along with him? As the pieces of his fractured memory begin to fall into place, he fears that it may already be too late to keep himself, and those he’s begun to care about, safe from a vicious evil.



Praise for Geddy's Moon


Few authors today are able to combine a complex and suspenseful plot with emotionally compelling characters who, themselves, offer their own richness and depth into which the reader can disappear. Fewer still can do that in their rookie effort. Yet in Geddy's Moon, newcomer John Mulhall accomplishes both feats, weaving horror and suspense together with a coming-of-age tale that engages the reader from start to finish.

At times, Geddy's Moon evokes immediately images of a "Stand By Me" for the 80s generation, a story of three friends on the uneven border between childhood and maturity, bound together by their play adventure made all too real by an unthinkable danger. Mulhall's storytelling is wonderfully descriptive and effortless, drawing the reader into the emotions and travails of his characters as easily as he describes the waving of stalks in a Kansas wheat field, the nuanced give-and-take of a fledgling romance, or the gentle bow of a head that conveys the messages for which words are inadequate.

Mulhall is at his best maintaining a pace throughout that pushes the reader relentlessly to the next chapter, but never feels rushed or contrived. Perhaps most of all, Geddy's Moon succeeds because it exists in the kind of world and with the kind of people we all knew in our childhood, and explores the relationships, the fears, the trials and the triumphs that we can all relate to. That the story happens against that fully-formed backdrop makes it so much more than an average horror book, and transforms this novel into a truly special experience. We can only hope that this is the first of many such masterful tales from John Mulhall.



Geddy's Moon is a wonderfully written story that is reminiscent of Stephen King and Dean Koontz. I was blown away by the author's attention to detail to the scenery and the characters that allowed me to feel as if I were right there with them struggling to overcome the evil that is terrorizing them. It was a highly addictive read and hooked me from the first page. I couldn't wait to see what would happen next and was pleasantly surprised with the constant turn of events that always left me with more questions. I hope to see more work by this author in the future.



After reading John Mulhall's debut novel Geddy's Moon..I have just one thing to say. This is NOT debut novel material! This is 10th or 15th novel material! I judge a book by three things: 1. Character development and the ability of the author to pull me in and get me invested in the characters. To believe they are real people and want to know more about them. 2. The ability to draw real emotions from me while reading (laughter. tears. anger). 3. To wish for more after I have read the last sentence of the novel.

Geddy's Moon has all of these things and more! This novel pulled me in from the first word. The rich descriptions of the characters made me believe in them and like. love and loathe them. I was compelled to follow them on their journey to see what happened and let me say it wasn't what I expected to happen. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. Nervous. worried. stressed! And just when I thought I knew what the ending would be. BAM! It was something totally different! Superb! Now I'm left wondering what happened next! I absolutely cannot wait for John's next novel!