"Female Mystery Writers Watch Out!" Image Of Deceit by @jillshannon12


By tweeting this post, you can earn promotional tweets from me as part of the Amazon Tweet Exchange.
Details here.





Cover links to Amazon.com

Image Of Deceit

Written by Jill Shannon

Genre: Mystery

Amazon  | Goodreads  | Twitter  | Facebook


Get your copy HERE.



Bygie Hudson's isolated life as an artist was perfect... except for her husband. Her seclusion is shattered when the police arrive to tell her there has been an accident. The man she'd been married to for fifteen years, and considered divorcing for fourteen, is dead... and they believe she may be behind it. 

As she fights to clear her name, she learns her husband has been selling far more than cars through their successful dealership, and the corruption is linked to a prominent judge... with tentacles reaching straight into San Diego PD. The deadly fallout puts her life in jeopardy. 

When a witness disappears, and the threat of a reporter on the hunt for headlines is removed, lead Detective Tom Hall is told to walk away from the case. But the widow is an enigma. Unwilling to let go, he risks what's left of his stalled career by following leads on his own time. He refuses to let Bygie walk away until he uncovers the truth. 

Sometimes, you just can't see crazy... even when it's staring you in the face.




An excerpt from

Image Of Deceit


.

Here's what

Fans are saying


Female Mystery Writers Watch Out

I read in bed, only to fall asleep and find my books on the floor or under the sheets with me on top of them. This kept me awake until 3 am enjoying the deep character development Ms. Shannon shared.

I find her writing style right up there with Patricia Cornwell, Gillian Flynn, Lisa Jackson and Sue Grafton. Great first write, and look forward to more of Ms. Shannon's mystery books.



I love murder mysteries and started reading this book during a major snow storm that had us stranded for several days. I was hooked from the get go. I was so glad I had all day as I did not want to put it down. My one fear was that my kindle would run out of power before I reached the end and I would have to wait to find out who did it.

This has twists and turns you don't see coming, people involved that you never suspected. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a murder mystery. I hope there is a sequel in the works.



Author Bio

Jill Shannon


I've been telling stories for a long time but getting one down on paper is another matter! I entered the professional writing world as a freelance writer covering the people behind some impressive motorcycle builds. In my spare time I worked on The Novel...

It takes more time than most would believe possible to get a story to print. I personally found it best to walk away from the project and let it rest awhile. Months and months in fact. Whenever I re-entered the world I'd created for my story, I had a sharper eye for what was a bunch of hogwash and what might be pretty darn good. The right words in the correct order can have a powerful impact and it takes time to fit all of the pieces together.

Support is also needed in a big way. Writers need editors and readers that will preview with a critical eye and not be afraid to tell you the truth. Family needs to understand the vacant look that comes with brain overload while figuring out plots.

Reading is how I relax. I devoured books as a child and that appetite has not diminished. My favorite genre is mystery, but I also venture away from the top ten list of well known mystery writers and read a broad spectrum of non-fiction.

I play a lot during the summer months, not much gets done in the way of work. We are a household of landspeed racers. I race a 1941 Indian Motorcycle and hold records in the 350cc vintage class for both gas and fuel. I'm also proud to be part of history as a Bonneville SCTA starter. The hours are long, the sun is hot, but the reward is inspiring. To witness dreams becoming reality is humbling.