The hard and easy of writing. #interview with @anja_pruitt


By tweeting this post, you can earn promotional tweets from me as part of the Amazon Tweet Exchange.
Details here.





We're pleased to introduce

Anja Pruitt

Author of

When Love Calls





Cover links to Amazon.com


           


Lightening Round


Are you left or right handed?

I'm a lefty!

Favorite number between 60 and 100, go!

88, I love the fact that if you flip an 8 on its side, it becomes an infinity sign. Plus, the number 8 is shaped like an hourglass. I think I may have an obsession with time, lol!

Pulled pork or jerked chicken?

There are so many naught jokes here, but I prefer jerked chicken.


Serious Round


What's the hardest part of writing for you? The easiest?

The hardest part of writing for me is finding the time to do it. It's hard for me to pull myself away from my family because they happen to be a group of people that I thoroughly enjoy. Up until my decision to start writing, they were my everything. Now, I write because they still are. I want my children to see me pursuing my dreams so that when I encourage them to do the same, I can lead by example.

The easiest thing about writing for me is telling the story. Sometimes I'll have gap moments where I have no idea what I'm going to say next, but when I relax and let the characters take over, they make it easy. They always know exactly what story they want to tell. All I have to do is write it down.

What's the most effective marketing tool you've used?

Social media has been a huge asset. It takes a lot of the leg work out of marketing, but it can be time-consuming and intimidating at times. Every response is immediate and brutally honest and as a writer you are more exposed. If a reader hates your work, everybody will know it.

The good thing is, if they love it, everyone will know that too. Putting yourself out there as a writer on social media is the quickest way I've seen to thicken your skin!


Wacky Question


What material do you read when you have to go #2? lol

This is going to sound funny, but I swear it is the absolute truth. I'm currently reading Seat of the Soul!! Hahahahaha!!!


Author Bio

Anja Pruitt--singer, songwriter, thespian and part-time stand-up comedian decided after years of deliberation to try her hand at writing (most of that is true)! Yep, I really do sing and write music and I've been in a local play or two, but I've always loved to write. Truthfully, the writing bug bit me again pretty hard a couple of years ago and rather than wait for the feeling to go away, I decided to scratch the itch. (See what I did there?) Anyway, I'm loving every bit of this author journey. It has been the most freeing, scary and brave thing I've ever done. Writing turned me from a strong person into a badass, and I'm ecstatic about the upgrade! Thanks for taking the journey with me!