"Had me laughing out loud" Johnny Cakes by @heypaisleyray #cozymystery #99cents


By tweeting this post, you can earn promotional tweets from me as part of the Amazon Tweet Exchange.
Details here.




Cover links to Amazon.com

Johnny Cakes

The Rachael O'Brien Chronicles

Written by Paisley Ray

Genre(s): Women's Fiction, Chick Lit, Humor, Satire, Cozy Mystery


Disclaimer: Price subject to change without notice.

GET YOUR COPY HERE!

           



It’s junior year and Rachael is psyched to ditch dorm life and share a house with four other girls. But, she can’t shake the ominous feeling about her narcissistic roommate-landlady, who has a history of derailing her love life. And then there are those uninvited visits by the ex-boyfriend of another roommate, who brings brushes with the law and heaps of drama as his calling card.

When Rachael’s mother and her psychic groupies show up in their double-decker bus during a house party, Mom reveals a troubling premonition. It seems like one more piece of weirdo-road-show nonsense—until Rachael’s deceased former stalker manages to cause trouble from beyond the grave.

Schoolwork would be a breeze if the most feared professor on campus hadn’t trapped Rachael into interning again. Professor Schleck has a new extra-curricular import venture and uses Rachael as free labor to package and ship the merchandise. When a few deliveries go missing, so do her favorite roommate and the professor, leading Rachael into an international art smuggling scheme, with life-or-death stakes in Paisley Ray’s JOHNNY CAKES. 



An excerpt from

Johnny Cakes



Here's what

Fans are saying


This one had me laughing out loud

Paisley Ray has done it again. Rachael just can't stay out of trouble!! Seems like danger follows her every where she goes!! Even though she finds herself in danger she still keeps me laughing.

I love to read a book where I actually laugh out loud. My husband asked me the other night what I was reading that was so funny. So I told him another Rachael O'Brien book, that I'm almost finished and I'm a little sad because now I have to wait for the next one to come out.

Paisley Ray has become my favorite author. I don't usually leave reviews. Have only done it for a couple of authors but I love a good read, I especially love to read series. I highly recommend anyone reading this review to start with book one Deep Fried and Pickled. You won't be able to stop untill you have read them all.

Also coming from the south, I especially love reading about towns I am familiar with. She even mentioned my hometown of Hickory, NC. I never expected to see my small hometown mentioned in a book.




Perfect addition to the Rachel O'Brien saga

Absolutely loved this next chapter in the Rachel O'Brien Chronicles!! I love her style, her antics really crack me up! Keeps me wanting to keep reading and reading til I get to the end, then I'm sad when it's done! Can't wait for the next chapter!

You don't have to be college age to enjoy the chronicles, I'm 57 years old and they are just plain fun reading! If you haven't read any of them, start from the beginning, Deep Fried & Pickled and have fun!!! Great job Paisley!!!!




Author Bio

Paisley Ray



Born and raised in rural Pennsylvania, Paisley Ray, a steelworker's daughter spent summer breaks with relatives on the Carolina shores. It didn't take long for a love of southern to become rooted in her veins, and years later, yield the setting for her novels. Most days, Paisley can be found crafting the antics for the newest book in The Rachael O'Brien Chronicles. Book 7, Praise the Lard, is due for release summer 2015.