Celebrity coauthor? #interview with @DianewasHR


By tweeting this post, you can earn promotional tweets from me as part of the Amazon Tweet Exchange.
Details here.





We're pleased to introduce

Diane O'Toole

Author of

Rings of Smoke





Cover links to Amazon.com


           


Lightening Round


Are you left or right handed?

Left

Keep the possessive apostrophe?

Keep

Ocean or Lake?

Lake


Serious Round


Can you recall a particular scene that was painful or traumatic for you to write?

The death of Neive. I lost my youngest sister in very tragic circumstances when I was Erin's age, and that event changed my entire outlook on life. I still miss her every single day.

Authors often put themselves into their characters. Which of your characters is most like you and why?

The protagonist, Erin. I was forced at a very young age to take on the responsibility of running a home and looking after a young family after my mother left us. I was also stalked by a middle-aged man for several weeks when I was just sixteen years old - again, shortly after my mother had left.

A terrifying experience and one which resulted in the police becoming involved after the stalker arrived at my family home and was chased away by my father and eldest brother.


Wacky Question


If you had to coauthor a book with any celebrity, who would it be and why?

Helen Fielding, author of Bridget Jones Diary. Helen and I definitely have the same sense of humour, and I have to confess to having been Bridget, for real, and having too many friends like Bridget's. I could probably make Bridge look like a Nun, compared to some of the situations I have been in.


Author Bio

I was born in Gorton, and grew up in Longsight, Manchester into what was to become a large family of seven brothers and five sisters. ‘As a child my playground was Belle View, one of the largest amusement parks in Europe in its day, and famous for it's Zoo, Speedway Stadium, Kings Hall, Circus and "the Bobs" (the biggest timber roller coaster in the World). There are many stories I could tell about those days, and maybe one day I will, but for now I will continue to write psychological thrillers such as this.