The cat is in charge. MEET @AlanaMander, Our New Crew Member

Buffer 
Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.
My name is Alana and I am a writer, freelancer, blogger and now book reviewer (yay!). I live in the North East UK with my wonderful husband and precocious little boy, two overly energetic and crazy Staffordshire Bull Terriers, a fluffy black cat who rules us all and too many fish to count.

Who are some of your favorite authors? Books?
I have so many I couldn't possibly list them all but my top 5 Authors would have to be Margaret Atwood, Dean Koontz, David Eddings, John Grisham and Karin Slaughter. Top 5 books would have to be The Handmaid’s Tale, Lord of the Rings, The Belgariad, Pride and Prejudice and The Hunger Games.


What are your favorite genres of books to read?
As you can see from the answer above I read across a lot of genres and my favourite seems to shift all the time. When I was younger it was without a doubt horror, then fantasy, then thrillers. At the moment I am really into contemporary and YA. It all depends on my mood and very often have at least two books on the go, and always in a different genre.

Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have?
I love to write and spend every spare moment either doing it or reading about it.

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?
Extremely. One of my goals for the year was to start writing more book reviews, so now I can tick that one off the list.

Look at the eyes on Jinx! I think you guys were hypnotized into submission ;) Welcome to the Crew, Alana!