She must question everything she ever believed to be true. Deception by @growwithstacy

Alexis is an outcast in her family and her school because she is exceedingly smart, she annoys even the other honors students. She's the exact opposite of her sister, Natalie who is a star athlete who their parents adore.

Deception

(The Transformed)

by
Stacy Claflin






Cover links
to Amazon
She begins to suspect that she was adopted, but her parents deny it. What Alexis finds is far more than she bargained for. Many things don't add up and some new friends know a lot more about what she's going through than she does. When she's introduced to her friends' cousin, she feels like she's known him her entire life.

She also feels that she's finally found where she belongs. He admits that he has the answers she wants, and they are beyond her wildest imagination. Her entire life is about to flip upside down and she must question everything that she ever believed to be true.

Excerpt


I closed my eyes and enjoyed the warm sun beating down on me and the sounds of the lake lapping up on the shore. It was so calming.

I wasn’t sure how much time had passed when I heard a strange whirring noise. I tried to ignore it, hoping that it would go away.

It only got louder and gave me a creepy feeling, so I opened my eyes.

I was so startled by the sight of over a hundred crows flying in a massive circle directly above where I was sitting that I jumped off the bench.

They were all going around and around in a circle. As soon as one made eye contact with me, it began to caw. The rest followed suit and dozens of crows were orbiting around and around right over me, and all of them were shrieking at me.

I grabbed my purse and inched away from the bench without breathing. I couldn’t take my eyes off of them, and I noticed that as I inched along, the whole circle inched right along with me in the air above me. I stopped for a moment and finally took a breath.

As soon as I began to breathe again, every single creepy bird in the circling, cawing flock turned its eyes toward me. Each one was looking down at me while whirling above my head.

To make sure that I wasn’t losing my mind, I slowly walked about two feet. Each one kept its eyes fixed on me. They circled, cawing, and they stayed directly above me. Exactly as I moved, the circle moved.

I made a split second decision and ran to my car as fast as I could without looking up or back. Once I was safely locked in my car, I looked outside to see if they had followed me. I didn’t see them, so I inched myself forward so that I could see above the car without getting out.

There they were, flying right above my car in their massive whirl.

Author Bio


Stacy Claflin lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, their two boys and a dog. She has just published her first novel, Deception which is the first in The Transformed series. Stacy has been writing stories since she was about nine years old. Her favorite genre, to read and write, is young adult paranormal romance. When she isn’t writing, she loves spending time with her friends and family. She runs a home-based preschool and also educates her children from home.