Intense beginning, immediately draws you in. Children of the Plague by @GregoryCarrico



Cover links to Amazon.com

Children of the Plague



Written by Gregory Carrico

Genre: Science Fiction


In the darkest corners of lower Manhattan, a battle like no other rages. The city is home to a hidden group of survivors of the nanite plague, and a brother and sister born to defend their race. With a touch that can destroy nanites, Lanni, sister of Alex, is their last chance. Can she save her brother? Can she protect mankind's only hope? Or will she be responsible for the destruction of the last humans on earth? It's going to be another long day...

Praise for

Children of the Plague


You'll be looking at people differently once you read this book. Perfect for the Halloween season, this is one terrific scare! Well written and descriptions that won't leave your head soon, this will become a favorite book right away. My favorite line in the book is.. "but Scarlett O'Hara, what was happening to her." The line sold me on this book.

I gave this one 5 out of 5 cheers because it gave me quite a scare.



The opening of this book was intense, drawing the reader immediately into the action. From the beginning, the reader experiences this plague haunting humanity, and the consequences for those without powers as the world awaits the birth of one child - holding their breath as to whether it will be human or monster.



I actually found this on Wattpad, and started reading it. Three chapters later I decided I had to see if this was for sale anywhere, because it was definitly worth my money. It kept me glued to my screen, wanting to pick out any details possible, trying to figure out the mystery of what was happening. Great book!



I love science fiction and apocalyptic tales, and I think the author did an excellent job handling the science fiction aspect. If you tend to shy away from this genre because it can be filled with terms and ideas that are hard to keep up with, then you should still read this book because this isn't the case here. I had no trouble keeping up with the story line. Children of the Plague is a unique and fresh breath of air into the science fiction genre.