Blogger Banter #3: It's Stephanie from @Bookfever11!


Buffer
 
The art of gossiping, gabbing and chatting with awesome book bloggers!


Today, I'm featuring the cute, the super-excited, mythology-lovin', paranormal-romancin', "Adrian"-fangirlin', STEPHANIE from BOOKFEVER! 

Thanks for swinging by, missy. Let the Banter begin!


**DeeJay's Comments**


STEPHANIE'S 
STATS
(Friends and Followers)

GFC: 1650 +
Bloglovin’: 480 +
Networked Blogs: 245 +
Linky: 230 +
Google +: 170 +
Twitter: 2,335 +
Facebook: 690 +
Goodreads: 1,745 +
Email: 85 +

SMALL TALK

Blogging Since? 2011
Lives in? Belgium
Solo (blogger), duo, trio...? 
Solo Blogger on Bookfever 
Trio blogger on Owl Post Reviews 
with Christina (Booksane) and Jenn (Book Bird Reviews)
Print or eBooks? Print
Average number of books read a month? 8 - 10 books
Favorite Genre? Paranormal Romance and Historical Fiction
Book Boyfriend? Adrian Ivashkov from Vampire Academy and Bloodlines!
Rating System? Fangs! 





GAB and GOSSIP


What was the very first post you ever made on Bookfever

Oh no. I hate thinking back to those early posts because they were so short and just weird looking... but my very first post was when I received Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare and I featured it in a post.


What was the first book you ever reviewed? 

Fever by Lauren DeStefano! <3


Where is your favorite place to read? What’s your favorite snack to eat while reading? 

I mostly read on the couch or my bed, but I also love to read on the beach when I go on vacation. I really don't snack while I read, afraid to spill anything on the precious book. Am I the only one that can't separate myself from the snacks whilst I'm reading? It's looking that way...


If Bookfever had a theme song, what would it be? 

This question... I thought so hard about it and finally decided that Bookfever's theme song is I'm So Excited by The Pointer Sisters. It kind of fits with how excited I am about books and my blog. This video is the WORST, but the song is contagious! Good choice :)



You participate in like, six memes. I personally love your Top Ten Tuesday posts the best. What is your favorite meme to participate in?

This is also a hard question. I love all the memes I participate in. I really can't pick a favorite but the ones I enjoy the most are Teaser Tuesdays, Top Ten Tuesday, Waiting On Wednesday and Throwback Thursday (which I host together with Christina from Booksane). :)



How often do you visit the library? Or rather, how often do they have to kick you out because they’re closed?

Not often because the libraries here in Belgium don't have a lot of the genres I like to read. But last year I got a new library card after five years of not going and I've gone to the library a few times.


Why did you choose to be one of the dwindling bloggers who accept Indie review requests? 

Because I know that there are a lot of amazing Indie authors out there who are just as good (and sometimes better) than traditionally published authors. In the (almost) two years of blogging, I have gotten to know a lot of them. And also I think every author deserves a chance.


I know you do a lot of author interviews on Bookfever. Who has been your favorite author to interview? 

Jennifer L. Armentrout! She's one of my favorite authors and has become a pretty big name so I was really glad when I could interview her. My friend, Emilie actually made it happen because I was too nervous to ask her myself. :$ Read the interview!


I also know you love doing character interviews. Which one has been your favorite? 

Do you even have to ask? My favorite character interview was with Apollo. The interview with him was very interesting to say the least... :D It was, wasn't it? Check it out HERE!


What is the BEST thing about being a book blogger? The WORST? 

Hmm... the best thing is being able to get to know a lot of fellow bloggers and a lot of awesome authors. The worst, for me personally is, that I can't really talk about it to my family or friends because they don't get it and they don't read. But that's why the book blog community is for! <3 Sure is :)


Lots of bloggers are finding it more and more difficult to maintain a blog and keep up with real life demands at the same time. How do you manage blogging and real life? 

I think the key is not to take too much on your plate. Like, not accepting too much reviews if you know you won't be able to deliver and for example if I know I won't have time for let's say a certain meme, then I try to pre-make it another day. Also real life will always be more important than blogging. I think making time for my family and friends, especially my little brother is really important for me, so that's always going to come first. :)




What started as a harmless apple taste test at your local grocer turned into you waking up in a cottage surrounded by seven small men in oversized clothes and silly hats. They don’t have names, as far as they know, so you decide to name them yourself. What names do you pick? 

So basically I got drugged by tasting apples? (But I LOVE the question). The first name I'd pick would be Luigi (Jenn made me pick it!) and for the other six names I had to find inspiration with my favorite gods from all kinds of mythologies... :D Seth, Loki, Apollo, Hermes, Anubis, Toth. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this list, even that Luigi dude. But hey, this is a Totally Random WTF question and you gave me a Totally Random WTF answer!


Thanks so much, Stephanie! Loved having you!

Stephanie: Thanks so much for having me! ^^


CONNECT and CHATTER


On the next Blogger Banter, I'll be getting to know Dashley from Paranormal Sisters! See you then!