Alexis runs into deception at every turn. Deception by @growwithstacy #excerpt

ALEXIS IS NOT the average person because she’s exceptionally brilliant. When mysterious things start happening to her, she pursues the truth and learns is that she’s been lied to her entire life. She runs into deception at every turn. What she finds on her own terrifies her and she questions whether she really wants to know the truth about herself.

Deception

The Transformed

by
Stacy Claflin





Until she meets a stranger and they experience an instant connection. She feels that she’s known him her entire life, but she has never seen him before. At their first meeting, he knows more about her than she knows about herself. She begins to seek the truth about herself again and what she discovers turns her world completely upside down.

Everything that she believed to be false is suddenly her new reality.

Excerpt


The next day at lunch, I ducked into a small study room to get away from all of the attention.

I was worn out from all of the interaction, and I actually missed being invisible.

Tanner was sitting at one of the two tables studying from a notebook.

“Alexis!” he said, surprised. “I didn’t think that you were into studying anymore.”

I almost smiled. “Believe me Tanner, I have no intention of letting my grades drop in the slightest. It was not my idea to have all of this attention thrown upon me.”

He looked me up and down, and with half of his mouth in a smile he said, “You don’t seem to be resisting it much.”

“The clothes were a gift,” I told him.

“I bet they were. You are going to pass your sister on the ladder of popularity soon,” he said. “How do you think that she’s going to like that?”

“I’m not trying to compete with Natalie,” I told him. “What’s it to you, anyway?”

“I pay attention to things, that’s all,” he said. “I pay very close attention.”

I raised an eyebrow. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“What I mean is that I know what you are, Alexis,” he said, looking me directly in the eyes.

The blood drained from my face. “What is it that you think that I am?”

Author Bio


Stacy Claflin lives in the Pacific Northwest with her husband, their two boys and a dog. She has just published her first novel, Deception which is the first in The Transformed series. Stacy has been writing stories since she was about nine years old. Her favorite genre, to read and write, is young adult paranormal romance. When she isn’t writing, she loves spending time with her friends and family. She runs a home-based preschool and also educates her children from home.