F is for Fireflies by @PSBartlett #atozchallenge #paranormal


Fireflies


by P.S. Bartlett





Cover links to Amazon


Doctor Owen Whelan and his wife Sarah have seven bright and expressive children. However, one of them is very unique; he’s been followed since birth by lost souls. However peculiar Ennis Whelan has been for the first six years of his life, not until the day he found the bird did the degree of his strangeness become so tangible.

Ennis claimed it flew away. His sister Teagan was about to bury it.

Teagan becomes increasingly suspicious of his odd behavior but their mother dismisses her claims; that is until he starts healing people. When he also reveals the gift of sight, he questions his father about visions of his past, including his voyage to America in 1844. Owen prayed he’d never have to share those tragic memories but he will share them, when he realizes he has no choice. Ennis’ life depends on it.

Praise for Fireflies


They say don't judge a book by its cover, but the cover of Fireflies drew me in. Then I stayed because I was hooked! I enjoyed the story of this Irish family in America. The characters are developed well and their backstories are shared at the perfect time.



As I read this novel I found myself being transported into a time far away, yet very comfortable as I was drawn into the family Whelan. I could imagine being part of that family and with each turn of the page I was part of that family. I could imagine a little boy with the gifts of Ennis and feel his comfort in having the gifts as well as the angst of his family as they worried about him. I worried about him. As a first time novelist, Ms. Bartlett seems to have a gift and I will look forward to more novels written by her as it can only get better with experience.



PS Bartlett provides us with a warm, good-hearted feeling while learning about the Whelan family's Irish ancestry and journey to America. Each family member has their own story within a story leaving you wanting to discover more.



You'll find yourself engrossed in their lives, hopes and dreams. A truly enchanting story.




Author Bio


I was born on Valentine’s Day a long, long time ago in South Baltimore, Maryland, less than a mile from Fort McHenry and Federal Hill. I’m the youngest of eleven children. I’m a very simple person. I love my life and am always striving to make it better for myself and my family.

I write, I draw and I work full-time. I also paint beautiful watercolors with my three year old granddaughter. I’ve been married for nearly 19 years and together we have two sons and a daughter. I’d call myself a football fan but I mostly only watch my home team, the World Champion Baltimore Ravens.

I love super heroes and Superman has been my favorite since I was a little girl. June 2013 the new Superman movie “Man of Steel” arrives in theaters and it cannot get here soon enough for me. I love cats and I have a Maine Coon named Columbus.

Connect with the author online