"Very witty murder mystery." Dead Girls Don't Blog by @pfden #cozy #mystery


By tweeting this post, you can earn promotional tweets from me as part of the Amazon Tweet Exchange.
Details here.





Cover links to Amazon.com

Dead Girls Don't Blog

Murder Blog Mysteries Book 1

Written by Pamela Frost Dennis

Genre: Cozy Mystery, Amateur Sleuth

Amazon  | Goodreads  | Twitter  | Facebook  | Website



After nursing her husband through cancer, and then getting dumped for a “pre-schooler”, Katy McKenna is ready for a major life reboot…

With her divorce finally behind her, it's time for Katy to resurrect the graphics arts career she left behind to follow her “was-band’s” dreams. Now all she has to do is find a good job in a bad economy.

And her BFF says she has some anger issues to resolve and thinks blogging about it would be cathartic. Katy is not a blog fan, but it's cheaper than a shrink, so she’s going to give it a try.

While gathering newspapers for recycling, Katy reads a story about an impending parole hearing for one of the men who raped and murdered her high school friend sixteen years ago. Sickened that he could soon be free to prey on other young girls, Katy decides to step out of her comfort zone to make sure this doesn't happen, not realizing the imminent peril she’s about to unleash upon herself.

Meanwhile—Grandma Ruby is on a mission to find Katy a hunky transition man.

“Dead Girls Don't Blog” by Pamela Frost Dennis, follows two timelines of events. Katy’s story is set in present day and follows her daily life as she adjusts to single-hood. The second timeline follows the events leading up to the rape and murder of young Lindsay Moore in 1996.

The two stories gradually merge as the past catches up to Katy, putting her life in jeopardy.

If you enjoy Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series, then you'll love "Dead Girls Don't Blog".

Coming soon! "Better Dead Than Wed".



An excerpt from

Dead Girls Don't Blog


.

Here's what

Fans are saying


Here's a toast to Pamela Frost Dennis for a delightful mystery read that left me with a smile on my face.

I really love murder/crime mysteries, the never-ending feeling of anticipation and shock always make my day. I could never get tired reading mysteries and Dead Girl's Don't Blog is not an exception.

I loved how Katy McKenna shares her thoughts on her blog and on the whole book as well. She's quirky, snarky and feisty.

I love everything in this book and would be thrilled if the author writes another one.

Kudos to her for writing a true-to-life story that has a heart and full of adventures.
— Claire


Very witty murder mystery. I have to say I quite enjoyed this story.

I loved how it was two tales that in the end combined to make a heart pounding, heart-wrenching story.

I look forward to seeing what else this author has to offer.

Pamela Frost Dennis has done an excellent job of creating some very real, rather scary bad guys and some really quirky and fun good guys.

Excited to see what the rest of the series will entail.



Author Bio

Pamela Frost Dennis


In my previous lives, I worked as: a street singer in San Francisco, a telephone operator, a lumberjack (kidding), a technical illustrator in the aerospace industry, a freelance graphic artist, an advertising director, an ice hockey mom, a soccer mom and a golf mom.

I married my husband during my aerospace phase and we've lived in Nevada, Washington, Colorado, and Alaska.

These days we live on the California Central Coast and own two restaurants. I also run a website for women: beautybloomers.com.

I have two incredible sons, two wonderful daughters-in-law, three brilliant grandkids, a few awesome nephews, and two crazy canine-kids. And I'm blessed with a group of amazing gal pals!

Several years ago I was writing Y.A. (young adult) and just when I got an editor at a big publishing house interested in my work, our youngest son became disabled. Obviously, the only thing that mattered was his recovery--so my budding writing career came to a screeching halt. Eventually he had back surgery and after a long recovery, played in the U.S. Amateur Golf Championship.

My next foray into writing came after a friend in the film industry called and asked if I'd ever considered writing a screenplay. No. But I love a challenge, so I commuted to classes in L.A., joined writing groups, got a mentor, and finally wrote "Reality Check"--a family comedy. Unfortunately by the time I was finished, my friend had gone on a sabbatical. Darn! I already had my Oscar acceptance speech written and my "red carpet" pose perfected!

A couple of years ago, while nursing my husband through a tough cancer battle, I suddenly realized that life is short and there was still so much I wanted to do. I'm a multiple stroke survivor and it was definitely time to follow my bliss and start writing again. So glad I did!

Happily we got through the cancer and Mike is doing well--in fact, he's out playing golf as I write this. Life is good.