"I laughed, I cried, I cheered." In My Mother's Footsteps by Jennifer Garcia #romance




Cover links to Amazon.com

In My Mother's Footsteps




Written by Jennifer Garcia


Anela Alborn’s life is a lie. After growing up without the love of a father, her mother reveals his identity. Tragedy strikes and she sets off on an adventure that leads to more than she could ever imagine. Bumping into Christian Sivers distracts her from the real man of her dreams, her father. Will he live up to her dreams? And does she follow in her mother’s footsteps?

Praise for 'In My Mother's Footsteps'


Arnone's descriptive imagery took me back to Oahu; to the pineapple plantation, Hanauma Bay, the Polynesian Cultural Center ... so many great places.



I read this story within two days and it captivated me from the beginning. The story was well researched and you could tell how much the author loved the setting and her characters. Her characters were relatable and even though there was some angst, it wasn't over the top. I look forward to more books by this author.



They say great things come in small packages and that's exactly what you get with this book and you would never know it's a short story because it's packed full with a beautiful story about loss, love, and family and some exciting adventures! This book is beautifully written and has a perfect balance! I lost myself within the pages and enjoyed every moment of it.. it's a captivating read that really pulls at your heartstrings that you just want to jump in and give the character a hug and tell her "everything is going to be ok.. you'll see!"

Not only did I enjoy the characters and the main focal point of the story but there was some really fun scenes that had me laughing.. scenes that had me in complete awe because the author did such a fantastic job at describing the locations and the scenery it all felt so magical and real! You really couldn't have asked for a better book! Oh! and have the tissues handy your going to need them it has the most beautiful ending I've ever seen in a book!



I was truly left speechless by this story. I laughed, I cried, I cheered. I fell in love with all of the characters. One thing I worry about in short works is Character development, but these characters were absolutely perfect (in their human imperfections) and written to make them believable, real, and loveable despite their problems. In a piece like this the story must work and be interesting and the author hit it right on. I've never been to Hawaii but I now feel like I have. I am looking forward to this author's upcoming novel. More great writing and another great story awaits, I am sure!



The love story between Anela and Christian was sweet, and not without its challenges, and I found myself rooting for the two of them to work out. Though the tragic loss her mother ended a chapter of her life, it also cleared the way for Anela to start again, and this story showcased the importance of letting go of the past and moving on to a brighter future.

A great summer read.