Just a little coffee please. Interview with @KimHeadlee



We're pleased to introduce

Kim Headlee

Author of

Snow in July





Cover links to Amazon.com


           


Lightening Round


Black coffee, coffee with cream, or coffee with cream and sugar?

I like a little coffee with my liquid chocolate creamer, thank you very much!

Ocean or Lake?

Ocean, preferably. Or lake. Being part mermaid and part polar bear, any body of water will do, really.

Red or white?

Oh, now THAT is the question the heroine Kendra must answer in SNOW IN JULY!


Serious Round


Can you recall a particular scene that was painful or traumatic for you to write?

Oh yes. In book 2, MORNING'S JOURNEY, of my Arthurian series titled The Dragon's Dove Chronicles, an infant is kidnapped. I first began writing that novel when my youngest daughter was a baby, and it took me a YEAR to work up the nerve to write about the kidnapping.

Do you find more inspiration from reading other books or watching TV/movies?

Since I write mainly historical fiction, I draw a great deal of inspiration from watching period movies, TV shows, and documentaries, If I can imagine a scene's setting in my head, down to the last detail of "set dressing," then I am far more successful at making the scene come alive in the reader's mind. Judging from many of the reviews my books have received, I seem to have a knack for it.


Wacky Question


Would you rather be stuck up in a space station for the rest of your life, or in a submarine under water?

What a choice! Since I grew up around the NASA space program in the 1960s (and my dad's name in fact is mentioned in the NASA Hall of Fame as having been a member of the committee who developed the engineering standards, in the 1950s, for the Lunar Rover), I have always wanted to go into space!! But, I think, just to visit. Being in a submarine, surrounded by the teeming, ever-changing parade of ocean life, would be far more interesting for me. Especially given the fact that I am part mermaid and part polar bear. :D


Author Bio



Kim Headlee is a Seattle native and a direct descendent of twentieth-century Russian nobility. Her grandmother was a childhood friend of the doomed Grand Duchess Anastasia, and the romantic yet tragic story of how Lydia escaped Communist Russia with the aid of her American husband will most certainly one day fuel one of Kim’s novels. Another novel in the queue will involve her husband’s ancestor, the seventh-century proto-Viking king of the Swedish colony in Russia. For the time being, however, Kim has plenty of work to do in creating her projected 8-book Arthurian series, The Dragon’s Dove Chronicles, and other novels under her imprint, Pendragon Cove Press.