#Authors, would you like to be featured in one of our YouTube videos? Details here:


Scotty, my 6 year old, doesn't have a YouTube channel yet, but we have uploaded two videos of him talking about animals. My next step is to create a channel for him. But enough about him...

I want to incorporate more video into this website (besides highlighting Scotty's video, which I will continue to do as well). So, let's make a compilation video.

All authors reading this are encouraged to participate. All you have to do is send me a short video of you introducing yourself—say no more than 15 seconds.

You could say something like...

Hi, I'm Jane Smith. I write the XYZ series, mystery with an edge.

Email your 
SHORT video to 
msl_007@live.com

I'll put a link to your book(s) in the description, so don't forget to give me that link as well.

Tips for making the video

  • Be sure to video in a location that has a decent amount of light. 
  • Be mindful of your surroundings in regard to clutter.
    • IOW, the ambiance you'd like to convey.
  • Try to minimize area noises.
    • Turn off fans.
    • Step away from screaming babies.
    • And that sort of thing.
    • I will filter the noise, but it's best to start with as little as possible.
  • Don't start talking as soon as you start recording.
    • Best to give me a second or two of silence so I can mix it with other clips.
  • Although selfies seem to be the rage, I'd rather someone else hold the camera/phone so that it doesn't look like a selfie.
    • Look at the camera, not the person videoing.
  • Try to keep the camera as steady as possible.

Email your SHORT video to msl_007@live.com