Her book is a Snickers bar. Interview with @readaliciarenee




We're pleased to introduce

Alicia Renee Kline

Author of

Changed





Cover links to Amazon.com


           


Lightening Round


Coke or Pepsi?

Coke!

Netflix or cable?

Netflix

Socks when you sleep, yes or no?

No


Serious Round


Can you recall a particular scene that was painful or traumatic for you to write?

The most difficult, bleeding from my veins scene that I will probably ever write is contained in my third book, Designed. It takes place in Chapter 17, and it's when Blake miscarries her baby (not a spoiler any more). I had tears running down my face when I wrote it. I sobbed when I edited it. I've cried every single time I've read it. I am to the point where if I'm going back through my work, I simply skip over that part.

Do you plan or pants it?

I consider myself a pantser. I don't write from an outline, or start out with a set chapter structure in my head. I just go with what feels right. That being said, I tend to think obsessively about my characters when I'm doing random things: waiting in line at the grocery, on hold with the car repair place, etc. So by the time I sit down to write, I've already composed dialogue or scenes that I want to have happen. I just need to find the right place for them.


Wacky Question


What candy bar would describe your book?

Changed would definitely be a Snickers bar. This installment is certainly the most lighthearted of the four so far. The heroine has been the comic relief in all of the previous books, and she isn't about to stop when she gets the spotlight. At the same time, there's an undeniable nougat center that leaves you full and satisfied.


Author Bio

Alicia Renee Kline has been writing since she was old enough to hold a pencil. Her work started out scrawled in spiral notebooks and read only by a select few. Now with technology (and a delete key) on her side, she has made self-publishing her second career. Though she writes primarily romance and chick lit, she enjoys reading most other genres as well. When she's not writing, she enjoys spending time with her husband, her two daughters and their two hamsters.