Blogger Banter #10: Valerie at @StuckInBooks


 
The art of gossiping, gabbing and chatting with awesome book bloggers!



Today, I'm featuring the super organized, Romance-lovin', "Daemon"-fangirlin', teacher of the year, VALERIE from STUCK IN BOOKS! 

Thanks for stopping by! Let the Banter begin!


**DeeJay's Comments**


VALERIE'S 
STATS

GFC: 5265
Bloglovin’: 1565
Networked Blogs: 597
Linky Followers: 28
Google +: 886
Twitter: 8849
Facebook: 5319
Goodreads: 1945
Email: 1007
Some serious stats!

SMALL TALK

Blogging Since? January 2011
Lives in? US
Solo (blogger), duo, trio...? Solo
Print or eBooks? Either
Average number of books read a month? 15
Favorite Genre? Romance, PNR, urban fantasy
Book Boyfriend? Daemon Black Lux series by Jennifer L Armentrout to name ONE *lol*
Rating System? Stars


GAB and GOSSIP


What was the very first post you ever made on Stuck In Books

Review of Nevermore by Kelly Creagh on January 1, 2011. Check it out HERE!


Where is your favorite place to read? What’s your favorite snack to eat while reading? 

Favorite place to read: Snuggle chair in my office. Mostly I don’t eat while I’m reading, but I do drink Coke Zero a lot.


If Stuck In Books had a theme song, what would it be? 

Touch one. I think I’ll go with It’s Time by Imagine Dragons. YES! I love Imagine Dragons, and It's Time is one of my fave songs on the album! Great choice ^_^



You host a LOT of book hops with all kinds of cool themes and stuff. Which hop has been your favorite to host so far and what cool hops can we look forward to in the future?

I really like the Stuck In A Good Book hop because it’s named after my blog. I have two new ones coming at the beginning of the year. In January, I’ll host Snowed In? So Read Giveaway Hop, and in February, I’ll host Favorites Giveaway Hop.


How often do you visit the library?


Um…the what? I used to go a lot! But as my blog has grown, I frequently have TOO many books to read without ever going. I do have four bookshelves I visit on a daily basis.


What is the BEST thing about being a book blogger? The WORST? 

The best is, by far, being part of such a great community of book lovers. I’ve made some incredible friendships blogging. I’ve traveled and met authors and other bloggers. It’s a great experience.

The worst is turning down books. I read a lot, but I can’t read even a fraction of what people would like me to. It’s hard to say no all the time. It's hard to say no, but we get in so much trouble if we don't sometimes! I can totally understand this.


Lots of bloggers are finding it more and more difficult to maintain a blog and keep up with real life demands at the same time. How do you manage blogging, teaching, book tour organizing, and family life?

First, I’ve had to learn to say no. Second, my blog is seriously organized. I have things planned out months in advance. Summers and breaks help me get ahead, then I blog in the evening and the weekends. I’ve learned to check my email at lunch from work. I multi-task as much as I can. My husband takes care of the house and lets me spend my at-home time on my blog. My kids are grown and that makes things easier (and harder). Teaching is also very organized and planned out. I started a new class this school year and I had to write the lesson plans as I went. That made things harder but since we hit second quarter, I’ve been on repeat. Organization is the key! That's how I get by too, although sometimes, even being organized can't stop the onslaught that is the literary world :)





A fictional character from a book you recently read and loved, tweets you out of the blue on Twitter. Who is this character, what book are they from, and what was your Twitter-Convo?

Hehe I’m gonna have to do with Dez from Bitter Sweet Love by Jennifer L Armentrout. Loved that book. Oh, and I’m gonna have to add my blogger friend, Jessica Baker (@makesmeworse12). She’s so in the convo. (This is part of an actual convo we had on Twitter)


From @makesmeworse12: @StuckInBooks I finished Bitter Sweet Love! And now I’m dying to pick up White Hot Kiss.

From @StuckInBooks: @makesmeworse12 Right! I have it and should just skip to it!

From @makesmeworse12: @StuckInBooks I want to soooo bad. I predict I will, like, next week. Or maybe this weekend. We should both give in at the same time.

From StuckInBooks: @makesmeworse12 That’s a great plan! Friday night work for you?

From @DezBSL: @makesmeworse12 @StuckInBooks Do you two need help with that reading Friday night? I could make myself available to…help

From @makesmeworse12: @DezBSL OH. MY. GOD. Is this real? Like, seriously Dez from Bitter Sweet Love? *dies* @StuckInBooks

From @StuckInBooks: @DezBSL Yes, yes we NEED your help! We’ll be blowing up DM with feels from WHK & YOU must be there @makesmeworse12

From @DezBSL:Yes @makesmeworse12 it’s me! And @StuckInBooks I’m so in. What time are we thinking for this giggle fest? You will be meeting Roth after all.

From @makesmeworse12: @DezBSL Really? You’ll talk to us about the book? Giggle with us? @StuckInBooks

From @StuckInBooks: @DezBSL Oh I want to giggle with a gargoyle @makesmeworse12

From DezBSL: @StuckInBooks @makesmeworse12 Wait! I said I’d be there for YOUR giggle fest NOT actually giggle with you Chuckle maybe

From @StuckInBooks: @DezBSW I’ll take chuckling! @makesmeworse12

From @makesworse12: @StuckInBooks And the FEELS – there are gonna be feels @DezBSL

From @DezBSL: @StuckInBooks @makesmeworse12 Yes, chuckling and feels for sure

From @StuckInBooks: @DezBSL Oh I’m so in! Friday night! @makesmeworse12

From @makesmeworse12: @StuckInBooks @DezBSL I’m so excited now! Can it just be Friday yet?? I'M READY FOR GIGGLES AND SWOONS.

From @DezBSL: @StuckInBooks @makesmeworse12 The chuckling has begun – you two crack me up. Talk to you Friday

From @StuckInBooks: @makesmeworse12 Did that just happen?

From @makesmeworse12: @StuckInBooks I have no idea but I’m going with it.

OMG! That was seriously awesome! I loved that *hahahaha*


Thanks so much, Valerie! It's been fun!



CONNECT and CHATTER


On the next Blogger Banter, I'll be chatting with Cassandra at Lost In Books! See you guys next time!