She's at war with groundhogs and bunnies. MEET @authorleefrench, Our New Crew Member


By tweeting this post, you can earn promotional tweets from me as part of the Amazon Tweet Exchange.
Details here.




Buffer

Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.
I'm a single mom of two kids, one an autistic teenaged girl, the other a rambunctious 8 year old boy. Before I had kids, I worked in the soul-sucking void that is tech support, and needed every book I could lay my hands on to avoid going insane. These days, I'm a self-publishing author and still need every book I can lay my hands on to avoid going insane (just for different reasons).

My other sanity-preserving outlet is gaming, both of the computer/video type and the Dungeons & Dragons type. I've been playing both since I was a teenager, which was longer ago than I care to admit. Let's just say my family got a TRS-80 when it was a new thing and leave it at that.

Who are some of your favorite authors? Books?
Mercedes Lackey, Dean Ing, and Jim Butcher. I do not love everything they write, but they wrote most of my favorite books: The Last Herald-Mage trilogy, Systemic Shock and its sequels, and The Dresden Files, respectively.

What are your favorite genres of books to read?
Fantasy is what I enjoy the most, all the many flavors of it. I also like science fiction, thrillers, and action/adventure. Romance isn't my typical fare, but I enjoy it when it's good, especially paranormal.

Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have?
Aside from writing and gaming, I love to garden. Unfortunately, my yard has three walnut trees and an oak, so I have a preponderance of squirrels to contend with, as well as groundhogs and loose bunnies that make vegetable gardening a challenge. I still manage to grow a ton of flowers, especially daylilies, azaleas, and daffodils.

My other major interest is bicycling. I have a trainer to ride indoors in the winter and participate in Ragbrai every year, which is an immense bicycle rally in Iowa. At the end of July, tens of thousands of people converge for a rolling carnival/party, carried across the state by bicycles and support vehicles. It's a fabulous experience.

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?
I love the site, and am quite pleased to be a part of it. I look forward to contributing to the success of the Crew.

We can help with the books. The loose bunnies? Not so much. Welcome to the Crew, Lee!

DeeJay and Mark