I just did the impossible. (For me anyway)




It may sound like a small thing to you, but it was huge for me.

HUGE, I tell you.

Just a few hours ago, my email inbox was almost 60 pages long. The oldest emails dated back to early 2012. 

That's right ... 2 years ago.

Now, my inbox is just one page. At the time of writing this post, there's only 5 emails sitting there, all of which require my attention ... the next time I have the energy to do so. Right now I'm mustering all I have just to write this post, but I was so excited about my feat that I just had to tell you.

What's next?

My goal from now on is to keep my inbox to one page. As I answer email, I will archive it. I will delete messages that don't need archiving (saving). I've done a little bit of that already. If not, those 60 pages would have been 600.

I just need to do it a little more ... don't let messages slip through. 

I can always search (with the nifty search box in Hotmail) for an email if I need to look at something archived.

Some people like to delete old messages after reading/replying/etc... but I like to keep old conversations handy for later reference. 

But they don't have to be handy in my inbox.

Do I need to email you?

So, for those of you who haven't gotten an email from me or it's been delayed ... hopefully that won't happen nearly as often. (But my email policies aren't changing. I don't always reply to emails, even from clients. See this post for details.)

I have replied to everyone ... I think, so if you emailed me on or before March 11th and have not received an email from me, please email again since I have absolutely no plans to sift through the archive folder for anything I might have missed.