Blogger Banther #18: Kristin from @YABookHaven!


 
The art of gossiping, gabbing and chatting with awesome book bloggers!



Today, I'm featuring the Dimitri-lover, pretzel-eatin', YA-adorin', KRISTIN from YOUNG ADULT BOOK HAVEN! 

Thanks for stopping by! Let the Banter begin!


Favorite Book: Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead


KRISTIN'S STATS 

Bloglovin’: 768
Linky Followers: 205
Twitter: 2269
Facebook: 1291


SMALL TALK

Blogging Since?
2012
Lives in?
United States
Solo (blogger), duo, trio...?
Solo
Print or eBooks?
Both
Average number of books read a month?
10
Favorite Genre? 
Anything YA or Paranormal
Book Boyfriend?
Dimtri from the Vampire Academy series by Richelle Mead
Rating System?
Stars



GAB and GOSSIP


What was the very first post you ever made on Young Adult Book Haven

A welcome post.

First book review: Revealing Eden by Victoria Foyt


Where is your favorite place to read? What’s your favorite snack to eat while reading? 

I love to read in bed, and my favorite snack is pretzels.


If Young Adult Book Haven had a theme song, what would it be? 

It would probably be "Just The Way You Are" by Bruno Mars, lol. Great pick!



You’re participating in a few reading challenges this year. Which one is your fave and what are some of the books you’ve read toward completing it?


My favorite is probably the TBR pile challenge because I finally get to all those books gathering dust on my shelf. My favorite book that I have read off my shelf this year so far has probably been Split Second by Kasie West.

I'm doing a Read What I've Won challenge. Failing miserably. Glad you're doing better than me!


What ultimately made you decide to dedicate your blog to the Young Adult genre and none other?

I love reading YA and I don't think that it has to be for just teenagers. I enjoy this genre the most and I wanted to be able to share my love with fellow bookworms.


What is the BEST thing about being a book blogger? The WORST?

The best thing about blogging is definitely connecting with people that love books and the worst is having to turn down authors for review requests. But I just get so many.  

I think for many reviewers that's the worst part :(


Lots of bloggers are finding it more and more difficult to maintain a blog and keep up with real life demands at the same time. How do you manage blogging and real life?

I don't stress about posting. If I don't have time or just don't feel like it, I don't do it. I have also learned to manage my time and try to schedule as many posts in advance as I can, and I try to write at least one post a day.

Good for you! Blogging should be fun and not always a chore!





What part of a gingerbread house would you eat first? The jelly bean decor, the icing on the roof, or the graham cracker walls? Why?

The jelly beans because I love candy!

Same here!


Thanks, Kristin!



CONNECT and CHATTER

See you guys next time!