MEET @devorah_fox, Our Newest Crew Member!


Buffer
Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.
Author of The Lost King and The King’s Ransom, acclaimed literary fantasy novels, and the contemporary thriller Naked Came the Sharks, I have also written for television, radio, magazines, newspapers, and various blogs. Yeah, I'm always writing something. I was born in Brooklyn, New York, and wrote my first novel in the third grade. I now live in Port Aransas, Texas, where I write the "Dee-Scoveries" blog athttp://devorahfox.com and columns of the same name for The Island Moon newspaper and TexasNOW magazine. On the rare occasions when I'm not writing, I dabble in glass painting and etching. I cherish my relaxation time with my Significant Other and a trio of gray tabby cats, one of whom co-authors the "Tails of the Coastal Bend" column for TexasNOW.

Who are some of your favorite authors? Books?
I have enjoyed Jeffery Deaver, Greg Iles, Randy Wayne White, Michael Connelly, John Lescroart, Ian Rankin. I really liked Grif Stockley's Gideon Page series but he doesn't write those anymore. Lately I've been reading indie authors. To name a few: Alesha Escobar, Francene Stanley, Samantha LaFantasie, Cecelia Robert, Vanessa Wester, Grey Wolf, Michael Brookes, Angie Merriam.

What are your favorite genres of books to read?
Thrillers, mysteries, sci-fi, historical, steampunk, fantasy, paranormal. Romance, YA, erotica and horror not so much but really, I'll give anything a try.

Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have?
When I'm not reading, I'm writing or perhaps it's the other way around. I do a bit of crafts too: glass painting and etching and crocheting.

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?
I've been impressed with The Masquerade Crew's community spirit and its dedication. As an author I've come to realize how important reviews are to new and indie authors. I've benefited from the Crew's attention and I want to give back.

One of the nicest things anyone has ever said about us! Thank you and welcome to the Crew!

DeeJay and Mark