Brews beer and bakes bread. Meet @jayhamlet, our Newest Crew Member


Buffer

Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.
I've recently stepped into the world of indie authors, but I've always enjoyed good genre fiction and would love to support some of my indie brethren. I have lived in the DC area for over ten years now and it looks like I'm here for the foreseeable future. I do a lot of writing and reading. I also like a lot of genre TV and am prone to binge watching in quantities unsafe for mere mortals. 


Who are some of your favorite authors? Books?
I like a lot of different things. Two of my favorite authors are Cherie Priest because I love the voice she writes in no matter what character she's choosing and she always puts together a great plot with some dynamic characters. I like her Bloodshot series and her Clockwork Century series. I also like Charles Stross. Especially his Laundry novels. Other than that, big fan of Richard Price, Neal Stephenson, and the poetry of W.H. Auden. On the indie side, I really like Jeremiah Murphy, J. M. Guillen, Dominica Malcolm, and Kristen Duvall.

What are your favorite genres of books to read?
I like science fiction, fantasy, and weird fiction. Usually stuff that's heavier on the characters than the world-building, tech, and magic systems but a well-constructed setting can be its own character in a way. 

Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have?
I spend way too much time on Tumblr and make crappy electronic music. Also, I brew beer and bake loaves of bread like a maniac. Tad bit obsessive that way. 

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?
If this was Tumblr, I'd post a Supernatural .gif. That's how excited. Maybe even a Doctor Who .gif.

Supernatural gifs means we've hit the big time! Ha! Welcome to the Crew, Jonanthan!

DeeJay and Mark