She likes her books HOT. Meet Curran, Our New Crew Member

Buffer

Tell everyone a little bit about yourself. 
I’ve been a writer for 25 years. First 10 years wrote 12 books, got contracts for 7. Then took 5 years off, wrote 3 books in my head. Then decided I wanted more people than me to read, so got back into writing last 10 years. Wrote 6 books, have contracts for 4. First new one just out in July. Nothing, save meeting the love of my life and bearing him two children, has thrilled me more!


Who are some of your favorite authors? Books? 
I’m a hard core mystery fan and love Sue Grafton, PD James and Tana French. I also love romance, and buy Deanna Raybourn’s mysteries before they are released. I also like Cathy Maxwell, Kristan Higgins, Lori Wilde and many many more. New love is Lavinia Kent’s sexy regencies. My top 5 favorite books of all time are: The Great Gatsby by Fitzgerald, The Shell Seekers by Pilcher, Gone With The Wind by Mitchell, Rebecca by DuMurier and In The Woods by Tana French. Runner up, The Fault in Our Stars by John Green.

What are your favorite genres of books to read?
Romantic suspense, Gothic Romance, Regency Romance, straight mystery. Women’s fiction. And some YA, which really rocks and pushes the envelope in marvelous ways.

Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have?
I have no other talents or hobbies but writing. For me, writing is a consuming talent that requires all the time I can devote to it in order to make sure it isn’t just a hobby.

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?
Extremely. I love reviewing books, especially under a fake name. Yes, I am weak and sometimes can’t say what I really think to other writers about their work. Not because I’m afraid of them returning the (dis)favor of a critical review, but because I love my writer friends and don’t want to hurt them personally.

We've got ourselves a romance lover! Awesome! Welcome to the Crew, Curran!