Fast-paced and highly unpredictable. Chasing Mercy by @growwithstacy #fantasy


Cover links to Amazon

Chasing Mercy


by Stacy Claflin





The summer after graduation
SHOULD have been the most exciting time of Mercy’s life.

Instead...

On the way to an exciting overseas trip, she barely survives an accident that kills the rest of her family. As soon as she’s released from the hospital, a creepy hooded figure with black skinny jeans begins to chase her.

At home, Mercy experiences other ghostly encounters. Kit, her neighbor who happens to run a paranormal blog, thinks that her brush with death has made her more sensitive to life on the other side. She discovers that the creepy hooded figure is holding her dad’s ghost captive so she enlists the help of Kit to rescue her dad from the ghost who’s chasing her.

Praise for Chasing Mercy


I liked how the author dove right into the plot instead of waiting a couple chapters for things to get good. I loved Mercy and Kit's relationship throughout the whole book. The fact that the author kept me on edge through it is one reason why I'm giving this 5 stars. Another reason is a shocking ending. I can most of the time predict an ending to a book I read but this one I couldn't and it caught me off guard.



Character development and believability of story line are both important to me, as I get joy out of picking things apart and making fun of them. As with Claflin's other books, she does this well. Her characters think, act, interact, feel and speak exactly like teenagers do, but not in a way that's insulting either to teenagers or the intelligence of an older reader. The relationship that develops between Mercy and Kit seems natural. All of the aforementioned make for a smooth read.



I have read other books from this author and thoroughly enjoyed each of them. Add this novel to that stack of fast-paced and highly unpredictable reads. The characters are filled out and fun to hang out with for any age group. I had to know what was going to happen next to Mercy & Kit, so needless to say I completed this book quickly. What I truly enjoy about Stacy's books are how unique her story lines are. They are not the same old regurgitated tales, but instead new and fresh adventures.