His greatest pet peeve. Interview with @libraryoferana #interview

A. L. Butcher
Author of 
The Light Beyond the Storm Chronicles - Book I



Interview # 1 (of 2)

Tell us about your family.

I'm a Brit born in the South East and living in the South West. My parents were keen readers - particularly my mother. My father has vision damage so although he likes to read he finds it difficult. There were always books in the house and we were encouraged to read. Both my parents were keen on history and story telling. My father and grandmother made up stories to tell us as kids. My grandmother was a local historian. My sister is a drama/English teacher and my other sister is an artist and OT. We come from a creative household - be it reading, writing, needlework or painting and were always encouraged to be free thinking and express ourselves.

What's your greatest pet peeve?

Idiots. I mean people who are willfully stupid. They simply don't bother to engage their mind, preferring to engage their mouths.

If you were invisible, what is the first thing you'd do?

Ohhh, I could have lots of fun with that. The first thing? Get a stick and poke idiots and morons.

A day at the beach or an hour at a bookstore? Details please.

Book store. I love books and I could spend a fortune in a bookshop (and have). I actually used to work in a discount bookshop. You don't want to know how many times I came home loaded up with books....

Now I tend to buy a lot of books on Kindle. Text books I still buy in print - mostly history these days.