Her ideal career (besides being a writer). Interview with @ScribeShelly #interview


Shelly M. Burrows
Author of 
Dark Harvest



Interview # 1 (of 2)

Tell us about yourself.

I moved around a lot as a child and made friends from all over. I was born and raised in Clio, Michigan, but moved to Youngstown, Ohio in my high school years. As a result, I love the University of Michigan and The Ohio State University. When the two play, I have to go with my home team.

I now live in North Carolina and I'm a mother to an amazing young man, whom I call Bug. He is such a good, kind child and I'm very proud to be his mother.

What's your favorite color? Why?

I absolutely love the color green. Green is the color of life! The grass and the leaves on the trees are green. It's a vibrant and energetic color.

The zombie apocalypse is coming soon. What do you do?

First, I'd raid the gun store and followed very closely to that, I'd hit the grocery store. I'd find a place that is easily defended, but gaining entry is difficult. For example the prison in TWD.

If you weren't a writer, what would your ideal career be?

I have always wanted to be a police officer. However, life had other ideas. I have a Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice Administration and I would love to be able to help those who are considered at risk. I'd like them to know that their situations do not have to define who they can become.