We've won the Sunshine Award.

We were awarded the Sunshine Award by Caron Rider. We thank her so very much! She also received the award; you can read her Sunshine Award post HERE.

Rules of The Award


  1. Include the award logo in the post.
  2. Link back and thank the one that nominated you.
  3. Answer 10 random questions.
  4. Nominate 5 other bloggers and link them to the award in their comments.


My 10 Random Questions


I took a few of these from Caron's post. For the rest I went to my good friend Google.

1. Where do you see yourself in five years?
I would love to be working out of my home helping people publish their novels, short stories, and such. I would still want to be involved in book reviewing, but I'd like to be known as a jack of all trades. I want to do it all because I get bored easily.

2. Do you prefer ebooks, paperbacks or hardcover?
Personally I would rather read from my Kindle. In fact, when a book was sent to me in the mail, I asked for the Kindle version as well (mostly because I didn't want to mess up the print copy in case I had a chance to either give it away or donate it to a library), but I don't want print books to go anywhere either. I love going to the library and bookstores, especially when I am away on vacation. It just wouldn't be the same if I never had to leave my house to see and read every book.

3. Has reading a book ever changed your life? Which one and why?
Up until the 10th grade, I didn't really like reading. In fact, having to read A Tale of Two Cities in 9th grade almost ruined reading for me altogether. But my 10th grade Chemistry teacher changed all of that. We were required to read Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton, and to tie it into to chemistry, we had to look for examples of chemical reactions. I fell in love with reading. Throughout the year we were required to do the same thing with other books, but we got to choose which ones. My mom is a reader (and a reviewer for the Crew), so she was excited to read a few books with me. To this day, Michael Crichton is my favorite author. I almost cried the day I found out he had passed away.

4. Have you ever written (or started to write) a book?
The Masquerade Crew is an interesting title for a group of book reviewers, and it has an interesting history but has little to do with book reviewing. Back in May 2010, there were five of us who started writing a book together. The name of that book is Masquerade. Three of the five writers are members of the current crew: Charlotte Parr, Bec C., and myself (Mark Lee), and the other two are more than welcome to join us at anytime. My goal is to publish that book in the future.

5. If someone wrote a book about your life, what would they title it?
How Bizarre! because I'm kind of a crazy person. I'm a guy who doesn't like beer or football ... and that's just for starters. Let's don't get started with how I can't sit still—always gotta be doing something.

6. If you could pick a book you’ve read to make into a movie, which one would you choose?
I think I would rather pick a genre: alternative history. I've read several books in this genre that I think would make excellent movies, such as anything by Harry Turtledove. There's a book called 1632 by Eric Flint which started the Ring of Fire series. Also the double alternative history series (Nantucket and Emberverse) by S.M. Sterling.

7. What was your favorite book as a child and why?
I didn't really read as a kid, but there was one book, read to us by our 4th grade teacher. My Teacher Is an Alien. When I got older I read the entire series and loved it.

8. What would you do if you had a million dollars?
A million dollars would last me a very long time. I'm extremely cheap. I won't bore you with the story that proves it. You can ask me to tell you later. Now, it's not that I wouldn't spend it. There would be some things I would get for myself. I would probably continuing living where I am now, though I would pay off my house. I would get a new car but not an expensive one. And finally I would put a lot of it away so I wouldn't have to work for Stan the Man anymore.

9. Grab the book nearest to you, turn to page 18, and find line 4.
His appearance was deceptive, however; under his...
Before I Say Good-Bye by Mary Higgins Clark

10. With the exception of the computer, what can you hear?
At least three different types of birds chirping outside.




And my nominations for the Sunshine Award are:


  1. Stavros Halvatzis
  2. That Fantasy Blog
  3. Raebeth McGee
  4. Christine Benson
  5. Marie Patchen