There is no way to ever practice them. Interview w/ @sieistschoen



We're pleased to introduce

D. Morgenstern

Author of

Bones of Winter





Cover links to Amazon.com


           


Lightning Round


Cat person, dog person or 'other'?

Cat. I have five and I consider i the luckiest thing in the world to be kind to a cat.

Ocean or Lake?

Ocean. The beach is one of my most favorite places in the world. I always imagine lakes being fairly dirty. That's why I imagine creatures living in them being fairly filthy and repugnant.

Which writer are you most envious of?

Nabakov. YYayyyaaaahhhh!


Serious Round


If you had to describe your writing style and books in a single sentence what would it be?

"If Isak Diensen had decided to write horror erotica instead of horror romance."

Would you ever write a book with a taboo or controversial subject matter that you knew would offend some of your readers?

That pretty much sums up my entire repertoire. They're all offensive in some way to everyone and I do rarely take readers' feeling into consideration. You love it or you hate, take it or leave it.


Wacky Question


How do you come up with sex scenes and do you practice sex acts before your final draft of said scene?

Considering most of the sex acts I depict include mythical creatures there is no way to ever practice them. That's why it's the ultimate fantasy. And I just try to think of the most repulsive thing I can with my sex scenes. People who like my work and titillated by that sort of thing, trust me.


Author Bio

"D. Morgenstern always tries to keep a stiff upper lip about everything. Though she has chronic back issues that occasionally land her in a wheelchair this doesn’t stop her visiting her favorite place in the world; Disneyland or doing anything really. She works in veterinary medicine and has dedicated her life to animals. Your funds go towards her dream of one day opening a kitten nursery so every unwanted kitty can eventually find a forever home. The blood, gore, and sex are more or less incidental."