Even amazing authors get crappy reviews. Interview w/ @melsurani




We're pleased to introduce

Melanie Surani

Author of

Awake





Cover links to Amazon.com


           


Lightning Round


Cat person, dog person or 'other'?

Definitely a cat person. If I could have a tiger or cheetah in addition to a housecoat, I would.

Favourite City

At the moment, Edinburgh, Scotland. It's the prettiest city I've seen since Paris, and everyone speaks English.

Call or text?

texting. I have always hated talking on the phone, so if anyone really wants me, let me write.


Serious Round


If you weren't an author, what would you be?

I would be an artist. Other than writing, it's what I've done most in my life. It started out with pencil portraits, went on to polymer clay sculpture (dollhouse size people, so I can pair them with furniture if I need), and ended on henna tattoos and hairdressing, which I do to pay the bills.

No one likes a poor review of their book. How do you deal with a low rating review?

I go read a low rating for a book I've read and loved a) so I'll know I'm not alone and b) to keep in mind that enjoying a book is subjective, and even really amazing authors get crappy reviews.


Wacky Question


If you were stranded on a desert island, what fictional character would you call?

Jack Shepard, from LOST


Author Bio



Melanie Surani is a blogger, hair stylist, and author with a heart for international travel. When she isn’t cutting hair, Melanie is thinking about ways to kill people (for mystery novels). She lives with her husband and cat in New York City, where she is hard at work on her next book with Booktrope Publishing.