Results of the first Boost a Promo, Win a Promo campaign.



The following is an email I sent out to the participants of the first Boost a Promo, Win a Promo campaign. To find out more about the campaign and/or to sign up for free, click here.




Greetings Authors!

The first ever Boost a Promo, Win a Promo was a success. Check out the results below.


  

There's a few things we can infer from this list, but before I get to that, let me burst your bubble a little. Although the number next to your post is page views, these are blogger page views, which means many of them are search engine bots, not actual visitors.

I track non-bot visitors to the blog itself each day, but I do not currently track that number per post, so I can't give you an actual number of actual visitors. Obviously, the higher the blogger stat number, the more likely you had actual visitors to your post.

On the low end of of 32 hits, there were probably few if any actual visitors. If I tweet a post one time from just one Twitter account, I'll get about 10 blogger hits right away. But checking Twitter stats for that tweet, no one clicked on it—at least in the first minute it was out. So, the 10 hits were probably several search engine bots that were browsing links on Twitter.

Those posts that got more than 100 hits probably had some human eyeballs on the post. The only thing I can say about the winning post (414 blogger hits) was that I saw several tweets from the author, most of them daily I believe. And that's probably what put her in the lead.

Obviously if a Twitter account has a lot of followers or a high number of active followers, then the results for a game like this one will be better. So, if you are unhappy with your results and yet you tried to get people to the site via your Twitter account, one of my first suggestions would be to increase your reach on Twitter. Get more followers. Engage with the ones you do have. That sort of thing.

If any of you would like to continue this discussion, I would be happy to answer any questions you have. I wouldn't necessarily call myself a guru in Twitter marketing, but I have learned a few things over the years.

I will promote each of the posts, but how many tweets I send out will be based upon how many blogger hits your post got. 

I am currently accepting entries for the next Boost a Promo, Win a Promo campaign. All of you are welcome to enter again. Click here to sign up.