He plays the piano and the trombone. MEET @tonykobal, Our Newest Crew Member



Buffer

Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.
I am an avid reader with a home library that threatens to jettison me onto the street. I am also a writer who has published prose and poetry, drama and criticism. Specialties include writing about music, art, opera, and film. I was born in Alexandria, VA, and went to Hofstra. I live in the Bronx, NY, and write for a marketing agency. I have written screenplays for corporate films, as well as scenarios for graphic novels.

Who are some of your favorite authors? Books?
I have a weakness for adventure books, everything from Jules Verne and Jack London to Louis L'Amour and Clive Cussler. I love good travel books, biographies and autobiographies with some sense of history to them, such as author George Seldes or . I also love well-written fiction, with favorite authors such as Gore Vidal, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Edmund White, Gustave Flaubert, Charles Dickens, Armistead Maupin.

What are your favorite genres of books to read?
I like good fiction, well-plotted with a sense of style. I tend to write more in the realm of erotic fiction, which I love to read if it's of good quality. I don't particularly like formulaic writing, or books that follow the same outline as other successful books. I enjoy good dialogue that propels the plot, and a story that has a sweep to it.

Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have?
I am a musician who plays piano and trombone.

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?
The idea of delving into new works is always exciting, as few people have traveled there and explored what gems might be lurking.

We've got gems. Hundreds of 'em. Welcome to the Crew, Tony!

DeeJay and Mark