Say hello to @LucyPireel, Our New Crew Member


Buffer 

Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.
I am an avid reader who loves to bury herself in a book only to emerge when the final page is turned. But I am also a very nit-picky reader who will trip over filters, passive voice, repeated words, will find that inconsistency, hole or not properly foreshadowed twist.

I have a strong dislike for preaching of any kind, or overly flowery descriptions. (Three sentences to describe the eyes of the hero, when their colour really doesn't have great impact on the story? Doesn't fly with me.) But I digress. About me, well as I said I'm an avid reader, but I'm also an author, and as such I will spot certain craft issues that the general reader will probably miss. (occupational deformation I guess) I love to cook, fart around in the garden, take long walks, and teach/practice yoga.

Who are some of your favorite authors? Books?
Favourite authors, you know that is a question that comes back to haunt me all the time. I have no answer to that other than, the author that manages to write a book which touches something deep inside me, that makes me forget about the typo, the stranded preposition, and misplaced commas, is my favourite author.

At the moment my favourite authors are:
R.J. Askew (Watching Swifts)
Hunter S. Jones (September Ends)
Tom Winton (Four Days with Hemingway's Ghost)
Anne Rice (Beauty trilogy)
Milan Kundera (Unbearable Lightness of Being)

What are your favorite genres of books to read?
I read anything that has words in it apart from any religious work. I have a dislike for dystopian and YA, but even in those genres there are books that I love. Favourite? Hm, sci-fi, horror, pararom, erotica (well done erotica, not sex for the sake of it)

Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have?
I love yoga, it is both a hobby as my profession (I teach yoga for a living) I grow tomatoes in a greenhouse, and I love to try my hand in the kitchen.

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?
Very! :-) I guess you want a more elaborate answer, eh? Well, I've always read the reviews on your site with the thought in my head that I would love to have the standard you guys maintain. You accepting me as a part of the team means that I must be doing something right when reading and reviewing. :-) It's like a badge you get, or a seal of approval. You know what I mean?

We know exactly what you mean and we are flattered! Welcome to the Crew, Lucy!