Dana recalls a scene that was difficult to write. #interview with @DanaLeipold


By tweeting this post, you can earn promotional tweets from me as part of the Amazon Tweet Exchange.
Details here.





We're pleased to introduce

Dana Leipold

Author of

Burnt Edges





Cover links to Amazon.com


           


Lightening Round


Which writer are you most envious of?

Elizabeth Gilbert. I would love to be able to go to Itality and eat whatever I want. Then go to India and meditate. And finally fall madly in love (although I'm already married so that box is already checked.)

Coffee or Tea?

COFFEE!

Which is the better way to enjoy a story, being the writer or the reader?

Tough question! Both can be enjoyable but for me, it's reading.


Serious Round


Can you recall a particular scene that was painful or traumatic for you to write?

The main character is molested by her father and that scene was really hard to write. I wanted it to be realistic but not too graphic. When I finished writing it I had to go outside and take a long walk.

How have you improved as a writer since you first began? What would you attribute your growth to?

I recently pulled out an old project I'd written in 2010 to try and breathe life into it again. I was astonished at how crappy the writing was! I think I have improved a lot and there are two things that I believe have made me a better writer: 1) Reading every day 2) Writing every day. That's it.


Wacky Question


What is your essential writing attire?

Yoga pants.


Author Bio



Dana Leipold is a freelance writer, author, and member of the Association of Independent Authors and Creativity Coaching Association. She has self-published two books: a collection of limericks in Dr. Seuss-style for adults entitled, Stupid Poetry: The Ultimate Collection of Sublime and Ridiculous Poems, and a non-fiction book entitled, The Power of Writing Well: Write Well. Change the World, to help writers get their message heard, create stories that connect, and leverage the power of writing well.

In addition, she coaches other writers on story structure, messaging, and writing skills so they can achieve their dreams to become published authors. Leipold lives with her husband and two children in the San Francisco Bay Area.