Tea and Conversation 01: Why fantasy? Reposted from @toithomas


By tweeting this syndicated post, you can earn promotional tweets from me as part of the Amazon Tweet Exchange.
Details here.

Cover links to Amazon.com
Today in my meditation on the Eternal Curse, I’m writing about: Why fantasy?


I did not set out to become a writer, but when I realized it was a part of who I am, it just felt right. I had no idea that I’d ever need to be concerned about the way or style of my writing and definitely not the genre in which I write.  I believe that there may be a memoir inside me somewhere, but for now I’m sticking with fiction. I like fiction for so many reasons, but mainly because it removes all limitations. Anything can happen in fiction!
teaNtalk
When I started writing Eternal Curse, there was no doubt that it was going to be a fantasy story; as I’ve learned it’s more specifically an urban fantasy/ paranormal romance. Again I never set out to become a fantasy writer. This story put itself together, I was just there to record it. Don’t get me wrong, I love fantasy and will probably write more of it, but it’s not “my” genre.
I don’t like kidding myself one bit. I’ll probably never write a great comedic story, even though I very much enjoy comedy, it’s just not in my writing mentality. I will, however, dabble in sci-fi, romance, mystery, contemporary fiction, and more.
With a story like Eternal Curse: Giovanni’s Angel and the sequels to come, limitless possibilities are just the beginning. In the world of fantasy, you get to make the impossible possible and make any dream or nightmare a reality.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. If you like it let me know and share it with others. See you next time, Toi Thomas. #thetoiboxofwords