Guest Book Review. Deadblood by @LALittle12, reposted from @toithomas


By tweeting this syndicated post, you can earn promotional tweets from me as part of the Amazon Tweet Exchange.
Details here.

Cover links to Amazon.com
The following book review is brought to you 
by the author of Eternal Curse, Toi Thomas.

Deadblood by L.A. Little
I give this book a 4 ½, but am obliged to bump it up to a 5.
62488-cover2b2bcopy2b-2bsmall
1. I want to start off by saying that I know this author. When I learned that he had published his book, I jumped at a chance to purchase it and review it. I also figured this would be a good way for him to see that I really liked it.
2. I’m giving this book a 4 ½ for two basic reasons. 1) I wish the story were longer. Everything in it is perfectly paced and nothing is lacking, I simply wish there was more of it. Maybe there will be more stories down the road. I could definitely follow this as a series. 
2) Language. While I know that the average citizen who reads Adult fiction isn’t concerned with the use of profanity, but I am (It’s the good girl inside me). One thing I can say is that the profanity in this story seems very real and natural. It’s not meaningless immature rambling for the sake of being profane, and there is not a lot of it.
3. So here’s where I tell you about the story without giving too much away. The main character is a nice guy (whose name I believe is only mentioned once) working the rock tour scene, trying to live the dream, but soon finds himself living a nightmare. This nice guy, like so many nice guys do, finds that a pretty face is too good to be true, but it’s not like he doesn’t see it coming. The comical internal conversation this guy has with himself makes you like him, but also makes you want to slap him sometimes.
It doesn’t take long for the action of this story to pick up even though the beginning seems slow. In actuality, when you reach the end of the story, you appreciate the beginning so much more. The term Deadblood is so wonderfully and simplistically explained that you almost miss it. You seem to just walk away from the story feeling like you knew it along. This twist on the legend of vampires is quite refreshing as it brings to mind the question, “How much do we really know?”
I would recommend this book to anyone who likes the supernatural, but I must admit that it seems to be more geared toward the fellas (not recommended for children). I guess that’s why I like it. I’ve always been a bit of a tomboy. It’s a short read that’s not too complex, but is actually quite profound while also being very entertaining.
This review has been posted to GoodReads.
If you’d like to obtain a copy of this book, try this link: Amazon
Thank you for taking the time to read this post. If you like it let me know and share it with others. See you next time, Toi Thomas. #thetoiboxofwords