Why reviewers shouldn't worry. MEET @ShirleyFord11, Our New Crew Member

Buffer

Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.

I have had a varied career from Company Director, to Coffee Shop Owner, to Home Carer for the elderly, to Reflexologist. Six years ago, I moved to the west country of England with my husband and little rescue dog and thought I was retiring! Instead, through a very good friend, I took up writing. I joined her writing group and soon got bitten by the bug. I have now had two novels published as kindle books – Every Why, which is also available as a paperback, and Be Mindful. The third novel is on its tenth chapter, hopefully to be finished by the summer. I have written poetry for many years as a way of expressing my feelings. I am one of those grandparents, who, through an acrimonious divorce between my son and his ex-wife, have lost all contact with two grandsons, and for this reason I have also published a kindle book of poetry and anecdotes entitled Heartfelt. All are available through Amazon.

Who are some of your favorite authors? Books? What are your favorite genres of books to read?

I have quite a mix of  genres. Anything from mysteries, some thrillers, courtroom dramas, historical to just general fiction. Some of my favourite authors are: Michael Connelly, I love the Harry Bosch books. Gregg Hurwitz, Lee Child – although I don’t think his last two books have been as good. Susan Hill, C J Sansom. I also read a variety of authors through a book club I belong to.

Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have?

Not sure about my other talents! But, I have now taken over the running of my friend’s writing group – we meet once a month. I go to a country dancing group once a fortnight. But my favourite group is the Tai Chi class I attend every week. Tai Chi keeps me fit, healthy and sane in a sometimes chaotic world. I also love jigsaw puzzles and walking my dog. Life does seem to have been taken over just lately by all the things I need to learn to enable me to promote my books, such as tweeting, blogging, website etc etc.

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?

I would love to become a reviewer, but as I am based in the UK, it can complicate things. I wouldn’t want anyone to send me paperback books, (cost implications) it would have to be kindle books.

Don't you worry, Shirley! We only deal in eBooks at the Crew! Welcome!