MEET Fallon AKA @Fallon_Christy, Our New Crew Member

Buffer

Tell everyone a little bit about yourself.
A little bit about myself. I am Fallon. A woman who turns thirty next summer, but I don’t feel that ‘old.’ I actually still see myself as a girl. I don’t feel like a grown up that I used to look up to when I was little. I started a new study last September. Theater, film and television studies, which leads to the fact that I am shooting my first short film right now. It’s supposed to be screened on November 14th and available online on the 15th

 I’m also writing, and I love it. I have an urban-scifi blog series online and I am working on my first novel, which is more of an experience-based chick-lit kind of thing. And in the little time I have left, I love to go and do things with my friends, like cooking, go out for dinner, swimming, and so on. And of course, I watch a lot of movies and television shows. I actually watch too much shows…it’s becoming an addiction...Oh! And I read, of course! Now that I look at it, I’m quite the busy girl… but the good kind of busy. I love it!

Who are some of your favorite authors? Books?
One of my favorite authors ever is Stephen King, and I have his latest book “11.22.63” in my bookcase, but I have a huge list of books that I still have to read, so it just has it’s place on the ‘to-read’ pile. I’ve recently read “Miss Peregrine’s Home for Peculiar Children” by Ransom Riggs and I was in love with it from the first sentence. It is surreal, magical, a little bit absurd, funny and sad, all at the same time. If you haven’t read it, do it! You won’t regret it! A few other favorites are Maureen Johnson, Kelley Armstrong, Anton Strout and last but not least Amber Benson. She is one of my biggest inspirations, not only on the writing part but also in other creative things like writing movies and directing. She is fantastic!

What are your favorite genres of books to read?
I really have a lot of fantasy and scifi in my bookcase, but actually I just read everything. Right now I am rereading “Catcher in the Rye” and reading a biography about Gia Marie Carangi, one of the first supermodels in the world and unfortunately also one of the first women in the world that died of AIDS.

Besides reading, what other talents or hobbies do you have?
Well, I kind of covered that in the first part I think =)

How excited are you to be a part of the Masquerade Crew?
Well,  I was waiting all day for that e-mail that I never got. And I love reading and reviewing, so I am really excited. It is that the shops are closed already or I would have gone and bought balloons and made balloon animals, so they could celebrate with me. But now I just sit here all alone at my desk, doing a little wave for myself. Jeej!

P.S. I would like to go by my pen name because my real last name is like, really Dutch and I don’t like it. So I always use my second name as a pen name. So it will be Fallon Christy. Thanks in advance! 

We hearby proclaim thee, FALLON...CHRISTY! Welcome to the Crew, Fallon!