Blogger Banter #22: Abbi from Christian Novels!


By tweeting this post, you can earn promotional tweets from me as part of the Amazon Tweet Exchange.
Details here.

The art of gossiping, gabbing and chatting with awesome book bloggers!

Today, I'm featuring ABBI from CHRISTIAN NOVELS! 

Thanks for stopping by! Let the Banter begin!


Christian Novels




ABBI'S STATS 

GFC: 358
Goodreads: 153
Email: 42


SMALL TALK

Blogging Since? 2011

Lives in? US

Solo (blogger), duo, trio...? Duo

Print or eBooks? Print

Average number of books read a month? 15

Favorite Genre? Historical

Book Boyfriend?  Luca Forelli River of Time Series​

Rating System? ​ I don't really have one on my blog though I use the stars on Goodreads!​




GAB and GOSSIP


What was the very first post you ever made on Christian Novels

​ The first post I personally posted (my sis posted one of my reviews be​fore I took over the blog for her) was a post titled Hey All! introducing myself.
First book review: Out of Control by Mary Connealy​


What are three things you need to have on hand when you settle in to read a good book?

​ ​All I need is a good book but I enjoy having a glass of sweet tea, some music (usually country, Frank Sinatra-esque, or One Republic-ish), and an easy grab snack! Ahhh, sweet tea, One Republic, and a snack. Paradise.


If Christian Novels had a theme song, what would it be? 

This is random but the best I can come up with is the Doctor Who theme song since I travel to so many times and places through the books I read!​  


Is this the right one? I hope so, lol. It's awesome.


You are participating in a TON of reading challenges this year. Which one are you having the most fun with?

​Well it's vain to say my own challenge though I love seeing all the places I travel through books so I'd have to say the reread challenges are my favorite because they give me an excuse to do what I really want to do!​

I'm not a big re-reader, but if I do, it means I really love the book!


You don’t just read and review Christian books on your blog, despite its name. Why did you choose to incorporate other genres?

​Actually as far as I know I haven't yet posted a review for a book that wasn't Christian though I have been thinking about posting reviews for some of the non-Christian books I've read. And the reason I might do that is to help other Christians who are wondering what mainstream books are clean and good reads. I always feel better reading books my Christian friends recommend and I think it'd be nice to do the same for others!​


 What is the BEST thing about being a book blogger? The WORST?

​Not gonna lie, the best part for me is the free books but a close second is all of the friends I've made through blogging. There isn't too much I dislike but if I had to pick something it'd probably be the deadlines!​
Yes, the free books are great, aren't they? I would agree that the other bloggers are what makes this so much fun to do!



If you were told you had to choose one thing to juggle while walking a tightrope, which would you choose: three machetes, three porcupines, or three flaming torches?

​Porcupines, they aren't as deadly as the other two!​


Thanks, Abbi!



CONNECT and CHATTER


Next week I'll be interviewing Ashley from Book-Marks the Spot and Elien from So Bookalicious! See you then!