"Suspense, mystery & intrigue." The Vampire's Curse by @SJWrightAuthor #romance




Cover links to Amazon.com

The Vampire's Curse

Undead in Brown County #2

Written by S.J. Wright

Genre: Paranormal Romance

Amazon  | Goodreads  | Twitter  | Facebook  | Website



Book #1 is Free ... get it HERE.


The tingling, mesmerizing heat blazed even hotter in my veins as I watched him stroll towards me. There was a blatant elegance in the careless way he moved, from the slight swing of his arms to the fluid action in his long legs. He leaned over me, his eyes cold and calculating, his cool breath swirled over my cheeks like a freezing winter mist.

“You’re not afraid?”

I could not move. He was holding me prisoner without chains, without bars of any kind. He held me with the steady, penetrating focus of a hunter who will not be denied his prey. My fingers itched to touch him, to trail over his skin in slow gliding strokes. But he could not have me. No one could really have me.

Sarah Wood, after witnessing a battle between several powerful vampires on her land, is left stunned and feeling immensely guilty for having given permission for her friend, Alex, to be turned into a vampire rather than allowing him to die from his injuries. And though she tried hard to keep her sister, Katie from knowing about the whole vampire situation at their family’s Inn in the wooded hills of southern Indiana, Katie became the victim of a kidnapping herself.

Sarah is left to face the return of her mother, who had abandoned the girls when they were children. She’ll need every ounce of her bad attitude and quick temper to deal with the new surprises coming her way, including an illness that could very well leave the entire responsibility of the Inn and the vampires to fall onto the shoulders of her younger sister.

This ebook contains sexual scenes, language that some might find offensive, and one scene involving alcohol consumption. Parental guidance is suggested.




An excerpt from

The Vampire's Curse


.

Here's what

Fans are saying


I said before that this was a new twist on the vampire legends we've all read, but it is also very well written. S.J. Wright will draw you in on page one and keep you reading until the end. You will not be disappointed.

Suspense, mystery & intrigue from cover to cover.

A varied cast of characters & personalities you will fall in love with and a storyline that is far from predictable! I can't wait to start the next one.



I have really enjoyed the love triangle. In the first book, I was leaning more toward Alex. In this book, I had trouble deciding for awhile. In the beginning of this book, there was some spark between Sarah and Michael that made me think that Michael was the guy to root for. Then, it went back to Alex. Then, to Michael again... I think love triangles are more interesting when there isn't a clear cut answer in who the girl should choose.

I really liked how there were chapters told from Michael's point of view. It's always nice to know what the other person is thinking and feeling. He definitely grew on me in this book. Sarah dealt with a lot of emotions in this story, such as feeling inadequate, guilt, uncertainty...

On the other side - Sarah experienced love and passion so it wasn't all bad. Some of the scenes were quite steamy actually. I'd have to say that I, I mean, Sarah enjoyed that quite a bit!

— Tishia


Author Bio


S.J. Wright


S.J. Wright (aka Steph) first began writing stories when she was twelve years old. She has been a cashier, a receptionist, a factory worker and has served a multitude of other roles over the years. Her favorite role has been that of a mother to her two sons. She lives in Texas with her husband, two boys and Shelby, an old Jack Russell terrier who likes to follow her into every room of the house. S.J. grew up near the University of Notre Dame and most of her family still lives in Indiana, where she hopes to live again one of these days. 

The Undead in Brown County series takes place in Brown County, Indiana. S.J. and her husband spent a few days there after they were married in 2002. She began writing the series in October of 2010. In February of 2011, she published her first novel The Vampire's Warden as an ebook on Amazon and Barnes & Noble. After several months of self-promoting the book, she was able to consider the idea of turning it into a career. Since then, she has released three more books in the series and is working on a fifth.