Blogger Banter #12: Mary (@maryinhb) from BookHounds!


 
The art of gossiping, gabbing and chatting with awesome book bloggers!



Today, I'm featuring the hound-lovin', will one-click-buy in a heartbeat, duo-site blogger, MARY from BOOKHOUNDS! 

Thanks for stopping by! Let the Banter begin!


**DeeJay's Comments**


MARY'S 
STATS

GFC: about 6,000
Google +: about 5,000
Twitter: about 13,000
Facebook: 8,000
Goodreads: over 5,000

NICE stats!


SMALL TALK


Blogging Since? January 2009
Lives in? California USA
Solo (blogger), duo, trio...? Solo
Print or eBooks? Both, but leaning more towards eBooks Me too!
Average number of books read a month? About 10
Favorite Genres? Young adult, new adult, romance, sci fi, memoirs, anything about dogs
Book Boyfriend? Tod from Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent
Rating System? Dog paws, but I now just use a "like to love" system.


GAB and GOSSIP


What was the very first post you ever made on BookHounds

A really boring post that I was getting ready to start my blog to participate in JK’s reading challenge.

First Book Reviewed: Sunshine by Robin McKinley.


Where is your favorite place to read? What’s your favorite snack to eat while reading? 

I love to read in bed and I try not to eat or drink while reading, since I would probably have an accident. Good idea! I have ruined many a book with my read n' eat game plan. Smh.


If BookHounds had a theme song, what would it be? 

Girls Just Want to Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper. This song will be stuck in my head for all of 2014 now.



Where did you come up with the name BookHounds? I love the little doggie in your banner.

I had two dogs when I started out blogging and books + dogs = BookHounds. I got really lucky and Lena from Simply Fabulous did the design. I had no idea what I want but found the background and she did the design from that.  


How often do you visit the library?

I actually walk my dog in the park that surrounds the library, so I am there every day, but go in only once a week. Especially when I feel the need to “shop” for new books.


Are you a victim of the one-click-buy eBook craze, or do you usually take your time and make informed buying decisions?

I try to be careful but when I see free books or cheap bundles, I click away. Ebooks are easier to hide. Ha! Agreed!


What is the BEST thing about being a book blogger?

Being offered amazing books by authors I love to read and review for free.


Many bloggers are finding it more and more difficult to maintain a blog and keep up with real life demands at the same time. How do you manage blogging and real life?

I try to post every day, but since I started the young adult blog, it is sometimes hard. I am not working full time right now, so that makes it easier.




If you were a scary monster, what kind of monster would you be? What do you look like? Would you scare kids for kicks and giggles?

Most definitely some kind of Were-dachshund! They are fast and fearless hunters and would chase after those mean little kids who call them “wiener dogs”. Hahahaha! A WERE-dachshund! Too funny!


Thanks bunches, Mary!



CONNECT and CHATTER


On the next Blogger Banter, I'll be chatting with Ren from Ren's Rambles! See you guys next week!