Blogger Banter #13: MEET Ren from @RensRambles!


 
The art of gossiping, gabbing and chatting with awesome book bloggers!



Today, I'm featuring the undefined, contemporary-lovin', charmed by a prince, Southern belle, REN from REN'S RAMBLES! 

Thanks for swinging through! Let the Banter begin!


**DeeJay's Comments**


Ren's Rambles


REN'S 
STATS

GFC: 316
E-Mail: 42
Twitter: 401
Facebook: 92 likes
Goodreads: 82 friends



SMALL TALK

Blogging Since? I actually started blogging a while back, but quit for a bit & came back in 2010
Lives in? USA
Solo Blogger
Print or eBooks? Print! (I love the feel of an actual book.)
Average number of books read a month? Depends, but 7-ish.
Favorite Genre? Retellings (especially fairy-tales).
Book Boyfriend? Prince Charming. I love fairy tales & what girl doesn't want to be swept off her feet? Best BB answer yet!
Rating System? Dancing Daisies



Ren's favorite book



GAB and GOSSIP


What was the very first post you ever made on Ren's Rambles

A Teaser Tuesday post.

First Book Reviewed: Paranormalcy by Kiersten White


Where is your favorite place to read? What’s your favorite snack to eat while reading? 

This one depends on the time of year/weather. If it's cold snuggled up in a chair or bed with a cup of tea. If it's warm stretched out on a blanket outside with some fresh fruit or a glass of lemonade/ice tea.


If Ren's Rambles had a theme song, what would it be? 

Hmm... This is really hard. I guess maybe, based on title and genre only, Undefined by Hunter Hayes. I feel like my site's not strictly about books (especially with some of the upcoming changes I plan to make), it's just more about whatever it is that I want to talk about that I love at the moment and it's definitely Southern/country so I feel like that fits well. Country with a bit of soul...I like it!



I see you’re participating in the 2014 TBR Challenge hosted by Bookish. What’s your goal for this challenge? And what was your favorite challenge of 2013?

I set my goal really low at three books. If you set it high and fall behind it's like "Oh no, I'm reading too slow," but if you set it low and get ahead early it's more of a "Heck yeah, I rock at this challenge!" Better motivation for sure, haha. I know the feeling!

Favorite Challenge: It was probably the YA Contemp challenge. I really love Contemps & this is actually the first year I haven't done that challenge.  


How often do you visit the library?

Never. I know that sounds awful, but our library's a good drive from here and I just don't really get the chance to go there anymore even though I went all the time when we lived in town. You're not alone with this. I haven't gone in two years, but when I go to Georgia next month, I'm definitely taking a trip there.


Why did you choose to be one of the dwindling bloggers who accept Indie review requests?

Honestly just because for me it should be about the story and not whether it was self-published or published through a traditional publishing house. I would have missed out on so many good books if I didn't accept Indies. You're a good woman, Ren!

Tell our readers about your “Random Talk Abouts” and what has been your favorite topic so far.

A lot of blogs have discussion posts, but I didn't want to be confined to only talking about books so I started an exclusive called Random Talk Abouts which is where I can share thoughts on any topic and hopefully readers will reply and we can get a cool little discussion going. My favorite is actually one I'm working on for later this year so... *zips lip* Mum's the word for now.


What is the BEST thing about being a book blogger?

The best thing is having an author say that they read and liked your review and getting to connect with other bookish people. The worst has to be when you get hate. It feels like a personal attack a lot of the time and it can really hurt. Yeah, some of these authors are such babies! It sucks that you had to go through that.


Many bloggers are finding it more and more difficult to maintain a blog and keep up with real life demands at the same time. How do you manage blogging and real life?

Breaks. I learned this one the hard way. You have to take time for you and to recharge otherwise you feel pressured and you burn out quickly. Also, don't make set days you have to post things. If possible leave a more fluid schedule for things so that you don't always feel as if you're on a deadline. Great advice!




There are three magic potions sitting in front of you. The first will turn you into a vampire. The second will turn you into a fae. The third will turn you into a water nymph. Which potion would you drink and why?

Water nymph. I wish y'all could have seen how quickly I went with that one, haha. I'm a Florida girl and I love the water so that one would be my pick. No question. I had kinda pegged you for a nymph, so no shocker there!

Thanks bunches, Ren!
Thanks so much for having me on your blog today! <3


CONNECT and CHATTER


On the next Blogger Banter, I'll be chatting with Alysia from Little Pocketbooks! See you guys next week!