What do you think of our new header?




The following was written by one of our very own: the lovely, talented, underpaid Diantha Jones.

It's 2013. New year, new look. I love being a part of the Masquerade Crew. Mark Lee is a great dude who is funnier than you might think (but crazy people usually are). I don't want to be in the Crew just to be here which is why I enthusiastically took over the review team and started three new memes that I do on the weekends. It only seemed right that I offer to help maintain the site as well. I updated my own author site and realized the Crew site could use a little botox as well. Nothing too drastic, just a new banner and a revamp of the Crew page.

With the banner, I just wanted to give it a new look, but keep the same vibe. I kept it black and used colors similar to the old banner. A new font was definitely in order, not only to bring life to the banner but to give it a more mature feeling. Though we are welcoming of all genres, we deal more in adult literature than anything else. I struggled with the byline, but realized that's exactly what we are. Supporters of the Indie Crowd. No need to list all the things we do because we do it all. We want to support Indies in every aspect: reviews, promotion, giveaways, syndication, and that's just the beginning.

2013 is already looking like it's going to be a fantastic year for the Crew. We have a fab team of 20+ reviewers (and are always looking for more), Mark has made major strides in the promotional aspect, and I'm working on more memes and great stuff like that too. Hopefully, we can open reviews back up soon. But until then, mask on, commence battle. The Indie battle.



We'd love to hear what you think of the new banner. Let us know in a comment. While you're at it, check out the revamped Crew page, which links to info about all of our current reviewers.