Show N' Read Saturday #7–MISSION IMPOSSIBLE: GHOST PROTOCOL


Prophecy of the Most Beautiful

by Diantha Jones 

Click here to check it out on Amazon.



Buffer
A weekly meme hosted by Diantha Jones where we share and rate TV shows and movies we've seen, and the books that we have read or have now been inspired to read.


This week Diantha watched:

Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol (2011)

The Kremlin has been bombed, and the blame has fallen on the IMF. As a result, the president initiates Ghost Protocol, and accuses Ethan Hunt (Tom Cruise) and his team of placing the bomb in an attempt to incite a global nuclear war. Now, in order to clear the IMF of terrorism charges, Ethan assembles a new team to uncover the truth by using every high-tech trick in the book. But this time they're on their own, and should they be caught, the entire world could be plunged into a nightmare from which there is no waking up. (Moviefone)

Yes, it took me until yesterday to watch this movie. I'd heard it was pretty good for a fourth installment, and even the critics were praising it. Yeah, with good reason. Ghost Protocol was really great. The stunts were crazy exciting and from the very first scene, I was like, oh yeah, this is going to be amazing. The plot was kind of typical for an action thriller like this, but like I said, the action made up for the seen-it-before plot. The script and hilarious one-liners were just fantastic and the actors...YES. Great choices, every single one. I would not be adverse to a fifth M.I. film. If Fast and Furious can make it to six and still keep me, then I know the M.I. franchise can.


My rating: 4/5 STARS (lost a star for the plot)


Book I want to read:

The Bourne Idenity by Robert Ludlam (2005)

Who is Jason Bourne? Is he an assassin, a terrorist, a thief? Why has he got four million dollars in a Swiss bank account? Why has someone tried to murder him?...

Jason Bourne does not know the answer to any of these questions. Suffering from amnesia, he does not even know that he is Jason Bourne. What manner of man is he? What are his secrets? Who has he killed? (Goodreads)


I've seen all of the Bourne movies, except that last one which I heard was garbage. It seems only proper now that I read the books, or at least give one a try.


Want to join Show N' Read Saturday or check out other SN'R posts? Click here.