"It could’ve been loads of fun, crazy exciting, and two tons of hilarious."

Glitter and Trauma (novella)


Written by Emma Kathryn


Genre: Fantasy


Book Synopsis

A reluctant superhero is on the hunt for a sidekick she doesn't want. An urban fantasy adventure story with a superhero twist. An essential novella for comic book fans.

Diantha's Rating





Diantha's Review


Glitter and Trauma could have been a lot of things it’s not. It could’ve been loads of fun, crazy exciting, and two tons of hilarious. However, I found myself confused half of the time and wishing I had an explanation.

The main character, Sarah, is my kind of kick-ass heroine. She’s sarcastic, impatient, and loves a good fight. The other characters ranged from totally loved (Patch), to really liked (Leech), to totally annoyed me (Ellie). But the range of characters gives the story a nice feel and I found myself wanting to know more about them.

At only forty-four Nook pages, Kathryn did a good job of making the story move and leaving us in a good place where we are anxiously waiting for the next part of the story but we are satisfied with what we’ve been given. That said, I didn’t enjoy it as much as I know I would have had a lot of the explanation of what was going on come sooner. With the understanding that novellas are short and the author can’t describe everything in extreme detail, important explanations still came way too late in the story and a few unnecessary ones took up valuable word space. Maybe these side stories will become important later if there are sequels, but I couldn’t see the importance of them here.

Disclaimer: Not recommended for children due to Violence, Sex, Language, and Drugs & Alcohol.